Purpose of your role:
The Internal Communications Project Manager will primarily be responsible for supporting internal communications around the relocation of the UK Headquarters in September, 2023. The hands-on role is responsible for developing communications materials, messaging, employee guidelines and playbooks, as well as devising and executing events and activities to inform, engage and excite employees about the move. This role also involves supporting the Senior Communications & Engagement Manager on the day-to-day delivery of the broader internal communications strategy to drive employee engagement.
• You’ll be a multi-faceted professional, a brilliant organiser and communicator, natural problem solver and relationship builder. You’re proactive and hands-on, with a drive and determination to succeed. You’re confident building relationships at all levels, with the project skills and resilience to deliver.
• You’re calm under pressure, act with integrity and discretion, and appreciate how integral reputation is to growth. Your bias for action means you thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Your key job accountabilities:
• Support the delivery of the internal communications and engagement strategy to inform, engage and excite employees about the relocation of the UK Headquarters to White City in September, 2023
• Copywriting for a variety of channels - materials may include information packs, welcome booklets, policy processes, FAQs, leadership communication, intranet articles, newsletters, storyboards, social media posts (LinkedIn & Twitter), leadership communication, messaging framework, speeches, presentations and talking points for internal Town Halls
• Support the creation and delivery of key events relating to the move including all-employee Town Halls, senior leadership forums and events designed to excite employees about the new HQ
• Liaise with key internal stakeholders including the project lead, change management lead, Operations, HR and relevant internal change ambassadors to help embed change across the organisation through communications materials and tactics
• Liaise with agency partners to develop engaging campaign materials in line with brand guidelines
• Work collaboratively with external communications to ensure content and activities can be leveraged across other channels where possible
• Support the delivery of the manager communication strategy, enabling managers to communicate effectively with their teams on key corporate topics and continue to drive employee engagement
• Support the day-to-day operation of the internal communications function including:
• Develop corporate communications materials including leadership communication, manager communication packs, weekly internal newsletter, website copy, press releases, interviews and intranet articles
• Lead the development of content such as videos and social media assets
• Support the delivery of key internal events where needed
• Provide guidance and support to key stakeholders in the business with knowledge of the ongoing editorial calendar
• Five years’ experience in corporate communications, ideally gained in a leading agency and/or in-house. FMCG exposure is an advantage.
• Excellent communication, written and presentation skills. Outstanding ability to develop engaging, audience-specific narrative, messaging and content across a range of subject areas, with speed and accuracy.
• Experience in end-to-end event production
• Proven track record in deploying messaging in the most effective way using an optimal mix of available channels on a limited budget.
• A keen eye for design and knowledge of systems such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, as well as knowledge and experience of intranet and knowledge management systems
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build effective networks
• Ability to work autonomously; a self-starter with a high degree of reactivity and positive mind-set is an essential requirement of the role
• Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills – able to work to deadlines and manage time and projects in a flexible manner, ability to manage competing priorities
• Strong storytelling skills with a passion for creating compelling narratives across multiple channels for internal audiences
• Strong prioritisation skills, able to balance multiple projects at any one time and move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities. Capable of achieving results in a face pace, dynamic environment, often to short deadlines
• Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently, think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative, while also working collaboratively as a team player
• Highly motivated with a bias for action, strong team leader with positive, collaborative, problem-solving approach
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.