Head of Performance Media
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
As part of the Consumers Products Division, you’ll be playing a huge part in our mission: to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable.
We embrace and enhance emerging trends to create the most relevant and sustainable beauty products and experiences, making them accessible to each and everyone all around the world, thanks to the diversity of our brands and their communities.
Our Division has the world’s #1 beauty brand in L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand in Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand in Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Make Up. Beyond our four iconic global brands, we have a unique brand portfolio including among others like Essie and Garnier.
• Define the strategy, processes and govern a large variety of performance media channels across 6+ retailers, including Amazon, Boots & THG.
• Work with our media agency to forecast the performance media budgets per brand and deliver against them.
• Develop a strong collaborative relationship with our retailer partners. Support and advice on collaborative media formats when needed
• Drive the performance media innovation: with a test and learn mindset, be keen to explore new media opportunities, propose new vendors.
• Manage the relationship with the agency team ensuring media objectives are met and projects are timely delivered
• Coach and upskill the 2x junior media experts
• Be the point of reference within the division for Performance Media. Drive innovation and long term vision for the function
• Good stakeholder management working across multiple functions, commercial, finance, marketing.
• Liaise with the Media Heads at Group level to cascade priorities at divisional level
• Propose new processes and foster more efficient ways of working within the Retail Media & eCommerce execution team.
• Lead together with the agency, the CDMO team and other stakeholders, of developing the right suite of dashboards and reports for the division. Be able to share the right level of information with the senior leadership and various stakeholders across the organization.
• Help surface insight on competitor activity and CPD brand media investment levels to achieve market share ambitions.
• Strong eCommerce Media knowledge – Curiosity to learn more and challenge the status quo
• Excellent Communication skills – being able to interact with a broad level of stakeholders
• Strong influencing skills – you will be required to demonstrate thought leadership as well as drive to execution
• Experience in a fast paced sales / retail environment
• Advanced Excel proficiency and preferably other BI software solutions e.g. Power BI, Tableau
• Confident presenting skills, able to articulate complex data analysis in a digestible format for peers across functions
• An analytical approach with ability to solve complex business problems through data analysis
• A self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to see opportunities and build plans to realise them
• Ability to create relationships to build knowledge and influence peers across the organisation
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.