Junior Commercial Controller - CPD
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
As part of the Consumers Products Division, you’ll be playing a huge part in our mission: to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable.
We embrace and enhance emerging trends to create the most relevant and sustainable beauty products and experiences, making them accessible to each and everyone all around the world, thanks to the diversity of our brands and their communities.
Our Division has the world’s #1 beauty brand in L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand in Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand in Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Make Up. Beyond our four iconic global brands, we have a unique brand portfolio including among others like Essie and Garnier.
L'Oréal UKI Finance Mission
Sharing finance excellence with all.
• We develop our people, processes and systems to be recognised as trusted business partners.
• We empower decision making through robust controls, impactful analysis and innovative solutions.
• We protect the assets and equity of the Group, contributing to sustainable growth.
Be responsible for supporting the division to deliver the budgeted Net Sales target. The Commercial Controller/Junior Commercial Controller will act as a business partner to support the Commercial Team through budget management and a strong focus on internal control and return on investment, making sure we allocate investments accurately and correctly.
The following are an identified list of requirements for this role:
• To Assist the Commercial Team in maximising profitable sales opportunities and monitoring of the commercial P&L evolution in order to promote optimal decision making within the business
• Provide Financial support and guidance to Commercial Teams
• Identify and inform Financial Controller of Commercial risks & opportunities
• Prepare insightful monthly Financial and Management Reporting to Divisional & Corporate Management as well as to Head Office in Paris
• Ensure sales teams comply with promotional accrual processes and raise provisions using SAP
• Preparation and analysis of key commercial reports including customer P&L’s and stock analysis
• Ad hoc projects to improve controls / reporting
• Manage the commercial balance sheet
• Create financial trends and budgets in line with brand strategy
• Ensure controls are maintained in line with L'Oréal's group standards and support with year end external audit
• Provide ad hoc analysis on specific topics of focus for brand and division management
• Excellent analytical skills
• Outstanding rigour and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves close liaison with the Sales team
• The candidate should be a qualified or studying towards accountancy (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
• Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and good commercial acumen
• Flexibility for an international career is desired but not essential
• Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
• Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L, expansion analysis, sales forecasts
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
• Organised: You have a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
• Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
• You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.