LOA UKI - Regional Education Developer
Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot
London + South East
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair and beauty products. The 8 brands within this division are L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Redken, Pureology, Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot. Our brands have made us the world leader in professional beauty products and one of the most dynamic places to pursue your career in the UK.
• Report to the Matrix Education Field Manager as part of the offline education team, working closely with the online education team to support the O+O education strategy for Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot, to deliver the highest education excellence across London and the South East for our distributor(s)and direct business.
• Create and execute a clear strategy of online & offline education for your region to support the commercial acceleration of Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot.
• Take full ownership of precision planning and best in class delivery of disruptive education across London and the South East to drive the reach and distribution of colour, haircare and styling.
• Establish, maintain and grow the Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot key account community, enabling the growth of all brands across the key account base and promoting strong professional working relationships to attract new business and talent to our brand(s) focusing on constantly increasing your reach introducing new activities to keep engagement high within the community.
• Lead, coach and develop a regional freelance education, pro-advocates and artist team, to support your strategy and enable you to increase your reach. Promoting within your team at all times the highest standard of education delivery; in-salon, at stores, in colleges, at courses and events across the region and at the L’Oreal London Academy.
• Manage and accurately track a given P+L budget which will include expenditure and income for you and your freelance team of educators, pro-advocates, and artists across your region.
• Forge strong business relationship and communication with the whole education team, commercial, marketing, and other functions internally across PPD and externally with distributors.
• Foster strong GDPR compliant communication across the whole customer and education network
• Have a detailed understanding of ACCESS, enabling you to deliver education via the platform and reporting accurately and thoroughly on a weekly basis.
• Be able to stay away from home when required and be prepared to work the occasional weekend and travel on a Sunday evening.
• Entrepreneurial. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up.
• Super creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
• Adventurous. L’Oréal is for pioneers. So you’ll embrace challenges and change.
• Only human. You’ll make mistakes sometimes but you have no fear of failure because you’re smart enough to learn from mistakes.
• Risk aware. You build contingency into plans.
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win.
• Respectful. Whoever you’re talking to, you treat everyone the same.
• One of the gang. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes. And so do we.
• Open. To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas.
• You. You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
• A passion and experience in delivering hairdressing education classes, workshops, and presentations both face-to-face and online. Teaching qualifications would be an advantage but not essential.
• Practised as a professional hairdresser and have achieved an NVQ/SVQ level 2 and 3 or equivalent qualification. Assessors’ awards could be an advantage.
• Confidence in presenting figures and data accuracy from reports and customer feedback.
• Demonstrable excellent customer service skills when dealing with distributors team and professional hairdressers at every stage of their career
• The ability to be a creative problem solver, able to proactively identify and implement improvements.
• The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines and a strong journey planner.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of GDPR, and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
• An understanding of the importance of social media and regular posting.
• Strong networking skills, and the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A full driving license and willing to travel widely as part of the role.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.