The Key Account Manager will be responsible for driving sell-out, growing In-salon Market share & managing P&L down for the specified region. Maintaining strong business relationships with key accounts to grow customer business and enhance L’Oréal business through implementing annual joint business plan. Maximizing profitability of the accounts managed and achieving or exceeding set targets on volume, value, distribution and brand presence in line with divisional strategy.
- Develop the short- and long-term Key Account strategy; propose prices and promotional levels in line with the Company objectives and ensure their follow-up.
- Builds the action plan to implement the Commercial strategy at key account level.
Budget Management & Forecasting:
- Actively participate in forecasting discussion to develop joint forecast in coordination with Marketing, Finance, Operations & Trade Marketing/ Education.
- Monitor stocks replenishment and branch wise forecast is followed up on monthly basis through extended team.
- Ensure saving on trade spend budget Year on Year to reduce gross to net spends.
- Identify customer trends and customer buying behaviors at Key Accounts to develop plans with Marketing and Trade Marketing/ Education team to maximize profit for the organization's product line.
- Partner with Marketing & Trade Marketing/ Education team for development of category projects at aligned JBP accounts with P&L projection.
- Ensure and follow a customer-centric account planning process to reach alignment with each client and designs a customer specific business development plan.
- Builds and execute key accounts Joint Business Plan with customers by creating win-win situation.
- Drive operational efficiency through extended team.
- Partner with marketing, Education and trade marketing for implementation of marketing programs and building blocks.
- Perform periodic checks on sales hygiene, sell in vs sell out at weighted channels.
- Ensure regular tracking and execution of all the sales counterparts, locked as per contract i.e. SOS & OCA etc.
Sales Target Delivery
- Achieve planned / forecasted secondary sales number in line with agreed customer and channel wise phasing for the assigned region.
- Achieves and builds the channel/group of accounts results: turnover, market share, profit; consolidates, steers budget and P&L.
- Identify new business opportunities which deliver value for both L'Oréal & the customer, considering the impact for the team and the wider channel
- Contribute in designing future retailer/salon initiatives and collaborations; ensuring the brands maximizes all available opportunities in store/salon and online.
- Work with the marketing team to identify additional opportunities for the category.
- Design and ensure execution of Business Development Program to develop the customer business.
Customer Satisfaction, Retention and Key Corporate Relationships
- Builds a strong network with key stakeholders at the Customers.
- Monitor agreed service level targets are maintained for accounts.
- Builds a compelling story to get retailer buying in.
Business Report(s) Development & Professional Recommendations:
- Collect and analyze sales data and customer trends.
- Report sales needs and field intelligence to marketing and Education teams.
- Ensures efficient customer intelligence.
- Monitor Sell in vs sell out reports, provides input to Line Manager & marketing team.
- Drive Simplicity across all business processes and communication.
Cross Functional Team Work & Relationship Management:
- Coordinate with cross functional team such as Marketing, Education and Sales team in order to identify the GAPs and improve sell-out.
- Informs line manager on significant initiatives in the field (from the competition and from distributors).
- Builds a strong network with key stakeholders at the customer/key accounts.
- Train his/her team on product, selling skills via work reviews
- Developing distributor team and also implement organization wide learning programs.
- Ensure clarity of objectives is present in the teams – IBOs are clearly communicated and followed up
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Marketing, Business Development, Education, Finance, Operations, Other departmental lines’ Managers
External: Distributors, Salons, Field Team
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with major in Sales and / or Marketing.
- 4-5 years prior work experience Field Sales Experience, Key Account Management, trade marketing preferably in FMCG sector.
- Solid experience in sales and customer service
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Good negotiation skills
- Relationship Management
- Customer Centricity
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to think broadly in terms of Business Perspective
- Good numeracy and ability to control budget
- Planning and organization skills
- Team building skills
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of cross functions and business operations
- Hands on experience with CRM software, MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of P&L
- Builds Selling stories for specific initiatives
- Ability to identify market driver and translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
- Imagines disruptive products & services
- Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
- Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
- Creates collaboration for bigger success
- People Developer