Job Title: Manager, Accounting – Professional Products Division
Division: Corporate Finance – Accounting
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - North America Business Service Center
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Accounting
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redkin, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Learn:
Accounting Manager - Professional Products Division role plans, organizes, and coordinates all activities related to the general accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial results for L’Oreal Manufacturing.
- Lead the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of deadlines.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results.
- Drive projects and provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues.
- Understand internal control design concepts to assess the effectiveness of controls and design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Prioritization of tasks while providing active coaching to a team of talented individuals.
- Ensure the respect of all accounting norms and targeting accounting processes.
- Support with the organization of Audit requests (task assignments, follow up of the correct documentation to auditors).
- Supervise the accounts reconciliation for all countries/Entities/divisions.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and work closely with project management team.
- Leverage accounting acumen to work with business leaders and process experts to identify risks and gaps through data analytics.
- Work with cross-functional groups on the design, development, testing, and maintenance of the Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Science platforms such as SAP, Business Objects, Blackline, Power BI and related analytic data sources.
- Influence agile teams to improve deadlines along with high quality deliverables.
- Applies advanced vision to complex and significant technology and business initiatives.
- Be accountable for General Ledger KPIs and performance dashboards for the divisions (group of brands); prepare action plans with the team members.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, required
- 5-7 Years of Accounting Experience
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules, standards, and regulations as well as internal control principles
- Ability to communicate at levels of the organization
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate people in a hybrid work model
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must possess strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in consumer products industry preferred
- Experience with systems like SAP, Blackline and Power BI
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.