Job Title: Manager, Advanced Analytics Data Program – Market Insights Team
Department: Corporate Digital Marketing Office
Location: New York, NY
Reports into: AVP, Advanced Analytics – Market Insights Team
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and
responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
CDMO: The Corporate Digital and Marketing Office mission is to put the consumer at the heart of L’Oréal’s business and drive digital innovation. As a force for L’Oréal’s innovation, CDMO delivers the best consumer experiences, drives new marketing models, and spearheads new digital capabilities to futureproof the group’s business.
What You Will Do:
The Data Program Manager is someone who is passionate about navigating the ambiguous landscape of data and automation. This candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the brands, agencies, and vendors to understand data collection processes and assist in managing the collection process for MMM. As L’Oreal moves at the speed of culture, so do our data processes and transformation. Applying learnings of the current environment to promote automation and quality assurance when reporting at scale. This position requires an individual to think strategically and be a key collaborator across internal/external stakeholders. The candidate must be someone who loves data, shows analytical curiosity, and thrives in a high-paced collaborative environment. The role will report into the Market Insights Sr. Manager in the Advanced Analytics Team leading the MMM program and setting up L’Oreal for success to further expediate data driven insights and automation.
- Assist in building out streamline processes to facilitate MMM data collection and validation across 4 divisions and 30+brands.Identify key data sources and to standardize and build out the process
- Collaborate cross-functionally to test and develop scalable solutions embracing automation within data collection.
- Work with stakeholders to improve current analytic processes and develop new capabilities that set us apart in the marketplace.
- Constantly look for ways to improve the usage of L’Oreal’s existing data and analytics infrastructure.
- Maintain collaboration with third party measurement partners (e.g. Nielsen, Ekimetrics)
- Bring an “outside-in perspective” to analytic development; explore, identify, and assess external best practices, and translate them to the relevant applications internally.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with key functional areas
- Act as a liaison between the analytics team and the internal brand, activation and operational areas (including demand planning) and global teams.
- Develop process documentation for internal 101 sessions and cross-functional education on data capabilities.
- Regularly provide feedback on data quality to data owners and find innovative ways to ease data collection process
- Create data driven stories on tentpole events and cross divisional meta-analyses.
- Assist + develop PowerBI dashboard for data warehousing and accessibility
- Provide data expertise and support in ad-hoc analysis
- Experience in the Advanced Analytics realm, preferably in media, marketing or an adjacent field. Must have core understanding of media data across Offline and Online channels
- Can build strong process manuals (in Powerpoint or similar format) to visualize and story-tell complex research results/data processes and communicate those learnings to end-users (business teams).
- Cross functional skills – can explore different business viewpoints and work with teams to develop mutually owned solutions
- Can solve problems in complex situations using creative and conceptual reasoning.
- Strong verbal communication skills, extremely well-organized.
- Communicate complex marketing measurement and research results to a general audience
- Proactive individual with strong problem-solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exposure to large data sets (“big data”) and analysis thereof, a major plus.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate in a complex environment; coordinate different partners (both in the US and Internationally)
- Specific marketing response modeling expertise such as MMM (Marketing Mix Modeling) a plus.
What We Are Looking For:
- BA/BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Marketing, etc.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience (Either media execution experience or marketing measurement experience required.)
- Brand, retailer, research vendor, or digital agency experience a plus
- CPG experience a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $ 98,200 -$137,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.