Job Manager - Credit
Location: Streetsboro, OH
Reports To: AVP -Customer Care/Credit
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Do:
Manage, coach, and develop 5 Credit Specialists/Analyst. Manage the cash collection and credit processes for PPD as well as negotiating with accounts to improve payment trends including average days late. Monthly cash forecasting and budget/trend A/R data as business needs dictate.
- Manage the activities and functions of Credit & Collections personnel to include achieving DSO and overdue objectives and A/R directives to ensure established goals are met within LUSA best practices/policies.
- Prepare month-end reporting to include Cash Forecasting, KPI, and COFACE. Include commentary related to results in clear and concise manner to management.
- Recommend lines of credit for existing and new accounts. Utilize various information sources when opening new customers to determine if credit worthy.
- Responsible for hiring and development of new personnel, along with the terminations, promotions and yearly performance appraisals of staff.
- Drive analysis on payment trends and contributing factors for late payments
- Champion for process improvements to streamline internal work efforts
- Provide A/R related audit reports/requests.
- Lead a high performing team by providing coaching, development and training opportunities to team members (includes analytical skills, people skills, cross training).
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
- 3-5 years related work experience in a related field in a corporate environment.
- Strong collaboration and people skills desired.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Strong and rapid decision making ability.
- Proven organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Able to handle difficult or challenging situations with diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Windows and Excel Programs.
- Exposure to SAP systems a plus.
- Must be able to travel as needed for business no more than 5%.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.