LUXE Supply Chain
Manager – Demand Planning , Urban Decay
Urban Decay was born in Southern California in 1996, when we disrupted the industry’s sea of pink-dominated counters. Badass cruelty-free, high-performance makeup. Reinvention over perfection. Inspiration without replication. Kindness over cruelty. Unsubscribe from beauty telling you to be pretty. Be whatever you want to be. PRETTY DIFFERENT.
In this PRETTY DIFFERENT role, you will report to the Sr. Manager and lead, Urban Decay Demand Planning - L’Oréal Luxe.. They will coordinate with Supply Planning, Promotional Planning, Customer Care, Retail Supply Chain, Sales Administration and E-Comm to ensure excellent consumer experience, while managing inventory and service levels. Accountable for Supply Chain KPIs (Forecast Accuracy/Bias, Service, Inventory, Cost to Serve, SLOB’s and On Line Availability). Analyze and improve functional performance and provide project management, analytical, technical and reporting support for the US supply chain function for one of our key brands in the US portfolio.
Manager of Demand Planning influences leadership across the organization to optimize the service level and inventory. Responsible for the shipment and sales forecast for the brand –This forecast is then used by supply planning to manage the stock equation (production plan and inventory). Also responsible for creating and communicating the forecasts for new launches as well as any changes made to the forecast with the supply chain teams. Accountable for demand, business planning, new product and promotional planning with the goal of leading Marketing, Sales, and Finance to consensus of forecast to ensure product is forecasted accurately taking into account all demand signals.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the development, review and implementation of an accurate forecast for use in financial, production and strategic planning processes. Identify areas of risk and opportunity to the business plan due to internal/external factors and alert Management. Drive the continuous improvement of the demand planning and inventory management processes and systems.
- Interact & collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Finance partners in the development of the forecast. Challenge the forecast based on analytical data - both quantitative (shipments/consumption) and qualitative (marketing, advertising, promotion) demand signals. Assure reconciliation of forecast with financial trend and clearly communicate risks & opportunities. Animate the forecast consensus meetings to ensure objectives are clearly identified and decisions are made.
- Monitor performance vs. the forecast throughout the month identifying any key shifts or trends. Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize out of stocks and prevent the build of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Interact with supply planning partners to identify forecast deviation and/or supply chain constraints and establish Safety Stock levels.
- Support the product catalogue inclusive of product life-cycle. Analyze and interpret SKU effectiveness and efficiency. Guide/drive SKU rationalization.
- Inventory management to drive action plans to reduce Excess & Obsolete.
- Monitor the performance of new launches and animations versus the forecast. Develop ship share models to monitor execution versus ambition. Issue launch and animation assessments.
- Participate in the pre-budget/budget process for your brand
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Monthly reporting of KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 2 years demand planning or 5 years Supply Chain planning related experience
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Experience working with a forecast software system (Atlas or equivalent)
- Experience working within an SAP environment a plus
- Experience with PowerBI/Tableau is preferred
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
- Salary Range: $88,300 - $130,000
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.