Title: Manager, Scientific Valorization, Skincare
Location: Clark, New Jersey (Hybrid)
This position is responsible for supporting various elements of skincare product development from project initiation through market launch with a strategic focus on communication of scientific knowledge, selection of active ingredients, and coordination of innovative testing. Maybe responsible for supervising others.
- Facilitate clear communication at the interface between R&I and Marketing
- Maintain awareness of new technical or marketing opportunities from scientific literature and publications
- Serves as a creative catalyst for identification and communication of new ingredients and technologies
- Translate and adapt technologies and communications to ensure compliance in a global regulatory framework
- Brainstorm innovative testing approaches for support of active ingredient and product performance
- Review test platform to ensure all product claims are being addressed
- Work closely with Safety and Analytical teams to coordinate product testing and analysis
- Work closely with Clinical Evaluation team to coordinate clinical, instrumental, and consumer testing
- Provide final test results with technical support/interpretation
- Issue technical dossiers for new products or modifications to existing products
- Review concepts, cartons, packaging, advertising, web, e-commerce, training materials for technical accuracy
- Provide technical support to Marketing – explanation of new and existing technology for all launches to help Marketing develop concepts
- Provide PR support
- May supervise other team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science required. MS or PhD preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience required, skincare preferred
- 1-3 years of people management experience required
- Must have experience in scientific claims and communication.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects, and collaborate with various groups within a matrix organization
- Must communicate clearly and be adept at giving technical presentations to large groups of professionals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.