Job Title Mechanic ll (Weekend Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hr) 6:30am -6:30pm
Division: Luxe Division
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
Reports To: Mgr - Engineer Operations
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
As a Full-Time Mechanic, you have the responsibility to monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all facility infrastructure and equipment appropriate to the business operations of the site. You will obtain forklift and elevated platform certification and must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer demands. Candidates must have a focus on safety and urgency while supporting our Fulfillment Center.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Maintenance Excellence, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Establish effective maintenance procedures including preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Manage, assist, or affect the procurement of new equipment or spare parts
- Identify risks to the operation and work to find solutions
- Maintain an effective labor/employee relations environment
- Develop, implement, and oversee all necessary record systems
- Manage, implement, and support all L'Oreal policies
- Develop, manage, executes, and support continuous improvement projects focusing on EHS & Security, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Service, and People.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all production and facility equipment as directed.
- Always work in a safe manner following all established safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all established Maintenance practices regarding Preventative Maintenance Paperwork, Parts Usage and Ordering.
- Troubleshoot and Repair equipment including but not limited to Conveyors, Motor systems, Carton Erector and Sealers, Transfer Load Systems, Forklifts.
- Achieve Continuous improvement in speed and accuracy of preventative maintenance plans.
- Installation and troubleshooting of new equipment.
- Schedules, implement and oversee repairs including but not limited to; preventative maintenance and service work of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security systems, roof, dock doors, telephone systems, electrical panels, lighting, fire prevention systems and computer systems; assists with special projects as required including obtaining quotes and proposals for continuous improvement.
- Manages on-site contractors including safety training, daily permits, and daily prevention plans.
- Complete and assist with safety validations of site equipment; maintains a clean and orderly work area; assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Are Looking For:
- Min 2 years of experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, including familiarity with work order systems
- Demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, results & service oriented and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under difficult situations, adapting to new work environments and able to deliver results quickly.
- Demonstrated understanding of successful change management and principles of design.
- Proven self-sufficiency, project management skills, and business acumen.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally.
- Must be able to operate forklifts.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders
- Must be able to work from heights
- Must pass hearing and vision requirements
- Must be able to stand at least 4 hours at a time
What’s In It For You:
- (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, & More!)
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting
[email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.