What You Will Learn:
To keep production and processing activities running, efficiently and safely within the established quality and production standards, through maintenance of machinery.
- Modify, adjust and change over all equipment of the Company including all packaging equipment to accommodate a variety of products, packaging materials and packaging dimensions.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to determine worn or broken parts, repair or replace necessary parts by using new parts from stock or by fabricating or manufacturing new parts from stock or by fabricating or manufacturing parts to machinery or equipment; reassemble and test run.
- Test runs and starts up equipment after all changeovers prior to production. This includes contact with Quality Control to assure quality levels and that other packaging requirements conform to specifications.
- Continually checks by observation, equipment and machines for proper function with respect to quality, safety and quantity. Determines and locates cause of malfunction if any exists, and takes corrective action.
- Bring to the attention of supervision anything relating to the total overall operation that is thought to be detrimental to production, product quality or to the safety of personnel or equipment.
- Uncrates and installs new equipment and moves existing equipment when necessary. Assist in the crating of any equipment that is to be shipped out.
- Oil and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Prepare all packaging equipment for production. This can include such tasks as putting glue into labelers, hooking up product lines to filler, loading magazines or hoppers on automatic machines, etc. Also maintain above tasks during production.
- Disassemble packaging machinery for clean-up, clean and reassemble after cleaning.
- Clear machine jams and clean machinery jams or spills.
- Paint machinery and equipment as directed.
- Prepare and maintain personnel and/or machine reports as directed.
- Maintain own working area insofar as cleanliness and orderliness is concerned. When working in machine shop the work bench and shop equipment is to be cleaned after use.
- Maintain orderly storage of change parts and spare parts.
- Assist in the instruction and training of other employees as directed.
- Performs all other items of work relating to general packaging mechanical work as directed.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED certification equivalent; college degree in related field preferred.
- The successful candidate must have sufficient experience to handle all maintenance problems related to the list of areas below, with a minimum of supervision.
- The necessary areas of skill competence are:
- Power Distribution, including 220 to 480 volts
- Electrical Control Systems
- Solid State and Circuit Boards
- Strong trouble shooting ability
- Fire Systems
- Hydraulic Blue Prints
- Refrigeration and Cooling Equipment
- Packaging Machinery i.e. Kalish, Tuck, Bivans, etc. experience
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Past experience in repairing, rebuilding, changing over and adjusting various types of packaging, production and plant equipment.
- Experienced in making machine parts using standard machine shop equipment, including welding and hand tools.
- Able to read standard measuring instruments such as a micrometer, vernier, dial indicator, etc.
- Capable of reading and understanding all types of blueprints.
- Have the ability to think out mechanical problems in a logical process of elimination sequence.
- Should be able to trouble-shoot basic electrical problems on machinery and make minor repairs.
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and promotional products.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Must be capable doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
- College degree in related field preferred
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.