Job Title Manager – Development (RDO Design Manager)
Location: Hudson Yards, New York, NY
Reports To: SR. Manager / Director - RDO
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
We are currently seeking a candidate to be part of our dynamic Retail Design Operations (RDO) team. The team is responsible for managing all in store collateral and merchandising systems including Sephora, Ulta, and department stores. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining budget and collaborating with other departments to achieve the Division’s expectations for all promotional items.
- Manage and maintain budget for the display category
- Supplier management on timelines as well as internal stakeholders (creative, marketing, sales)
- Update Marketing and Finance whenever unit cost has changed due to quantity or design revisions
- Provide cost estimates for all units and present final units to Creative, Marketing and Management for final approval.
- Find ways to reduce costs by Buying Less, Buy Better and Buy Smart. Track savings and reports on a continuous basis.
- Be an active participant on various divisional and/or corporate initiatives
- Keep the Division and Supply Chain updated on the status of all projects
- Attend and participate in all CPR and CRMs. Report all timing or funding issues to AVP, Department Head and Division.
- Help resolving all issues while facilitating the progress of projects
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business, Supply Chain, Project Management and Graphics Technology related degrees are preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Graphic Arts and experience in commercial print production management required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years corporate or manufacturing work experience in developing and purchasing print and/or POS displays.
- Must have experience managing budgets and being involved with cost savings initiatives and value analysis projects.
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oréal and the supplier community.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $98,200 - $137,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.