Leads the facility maintenance function by providing technical support and operational guidance to both management & personnel. The role will lead deliverables such as, but not limited to, vendor negotiation and collaboration, project and budget management, preventative maintenance program development and management, and ensuring technical operation of the site by providing direction for 3 shifts and developing and communicating priorities.
• Collaborate with operations management on the direction of the maintenance work force, ensuring equipment attains maximum up-time with the highest level of quality.
• Negotiate, select and collaborate with vendors for repairs, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget
- Oversee the design, layout, installation, modification and upgrading of equipment.
- Ensure effective maintenance programs and procedures, including preventative maintenance, are in place and followed ensuring equipment repairs are completed with minimal down time
• Drive expertise, training, and sustainment of the Maintenance Connection systems and other software and records necessary to manage in an operational environment
- Manage, assist with, or influence the procurement of new equipment and/or spare parts.
- Evaluate improvement opportunities, develop solutions and/or determine modifications necessary for existing and new equipment to improve machinery functions or processes
- Partner with the EHS Manager to oversee the HAZMAT maintenance and cleanup program
- Manage technicians and planning of the workday
- Train, coach, and develop the technical proficiency of staff
- Manage the Maintenance Department budget
- Ensure execution of all recommended safety changes
- Adjust and maintain PLC’s
- Drive strong safety culture
- Manage contractors from ensuring permits are issued and the work is being doing in an efficient manner.
- University degree in a technical field or equal experience would be consider.
- 5+ years experience in an automated manufacturing or distribution environment
- 5+ years experience managing inventory and budgets for a manufacturing facility or large distribution center
- Must have extensive technical knowledge to repair, replace and/or troubleshoot machinery (pneumatic, hydraulic, conveyance, etc) and PLC instrumentation and hard-wired electrical devices in all areas of the distribution center
- Strong electrical experience to include troubleshooting and repairing high voltage equipment, over 480 volts
- Ability to read, interpret and train others on safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write moderately complex reports and correspondence
- Ability to manage others in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Must follow all safety rules and ensure subordinates comply with wearing required PPE
- Capable to certify in DOT Hazardous materials transportation and RCRA hazardous materials