Business Assistant to HR Director UK&I - 12 Month Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Organise and coordinate the Country HR Director activities (~50%):
• Act as first point of contact for all external/internal enquiries.
• Extensive diary management, resolving meeting conflicts and acting as gatekeeper according to the HRD’s priorities.
• Organization of business travel, expenses, orders for office equipment and stationery.
• Check emails daily, triaging to the correct team member and preparing responses where relevant.
• Work closely alongside Senior EA and ELT Assistants to facilitate meetings and events in line with the Country MD’s priorities.
Organise and coordinate the HR Leadership Team activities (~40%):
• Manage HR Calendar and plan HRLT agenda in line with key ELT/Zone presentations/visits.
• Proactively prepare and share agendas ahead of meetings
• Note-take for all HRLT and key HR-ELT meetings, cascading notes and actions as follow-up.
• Budget management and organisation of HR/HRLT offsites, workshops, dinners etc.
• Manage POs and webcycles across the HR team, acting as MyMarket ambassador and supporting junior PO raisers within the HR function.
• Coordinate international visits from global leadership teams
• Coordinate arrival of new HRLT members (transfer files, FIT planning, IT equipment requests, etc.).
• Gather, communicate, and dispatch information throughout the HR teams and provide administrative support (issues resolution, IT requests, room booking, catering etc).
• Maintain HR TEAMS files and email distribution lists
• Liaise with facilities, catering, IT for internal HR events
Ad Hoc activities (~10%)
• Handle delicate and unexpected situations and facilitate the resolution of ongoing problems
Alongside experience in a similar role and excellent communication skills, you should be confident demonstrating all of the following:
• Impeccable attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
• Excellent administration and organizational skills
• Ability to foresee changes and reprioritize where necessary
• Partnering with all other ELT Business Assistants to work collaboratively as a community
• Demonstrating initiative and flexibility
• Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
• Effective use of in-house software systems
• Organised: You have a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands-on approach
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed
• You: You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.