What You Will Learn:
Machine Operators are responsible for the operation of packaging lines. This includes start-up and shut down, monitoring, identification of line issues, troubleshooting and making minor adjustments and repairs. A Machine Operator must have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific norms and standards. At all times, Machine Operators must maintain a safe work environment, follow all safety procedures, and complete all physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section using safe ergonomic techniques. A Machine Operator must ensure that all production meets our quality standards and is completed in a safe manner aligned with our quality and safety policies. Machine Operators are line owners and must make independent decisions on line operation daily, knowing when to involve others. They will lead TPM methodologies on their lines and must be willing to use hand tools to address maintenance needs. Machine operators must be willing to support the mechanic assigned to their lines with changeovers and other machine repairs. Performs line startup and clearance according to SOPs.
- Safety: following all safety procedures, ensure safety of self and others, actively participate on safety improvement opportunities. Quality: Ensure high standard of quality control and follow all quality and GMP procedures; and actively participate in quality improvements, visually inspect product for quality assurance, and perform quality assurance tests (such as weight and torque,). Performance: responsible for line efficiency by supplying components to production line and transfer finished goods to pallets.
- Work independently, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills; Maintain open communication (verbal and written) with supervisors, mechanics, other employees, and complete paper and computer work (refer to specific department duties); Document Work Order information (batch numbers, etc.) requiring direct contact with processors, ensuring accuracy of materials and bulk. Accurately completes all paperwork associated with the line.
- Conduct tooling changes on machinery and make minor adjustments to machinery; Work to ensure production equipment is ready for use.
- Perform normal/routine equipment maintenance and conduct/document productive/preventative maintenance procedures; Perform preventative maintenance on (all) equipment.
- Plan in advance for a “changeover” and coordinate services with the mechanics to adjust, clean, or replace equipment efficiently to minimize the downtime on the production line.
- Track labor and equipment downtime in labor system.
- Maintain housekeeping at the expected level including packaging floor, line equipment and surrounding areas in compliance to SOP.
- Assist in training of assigned personnel in technical and operating procedures (Assist Line Mechanics with equipment trouble shooting, major equipment repairs, equipment installations and test runs).
- Participate in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Train staff in the areas of safety, quality and production.
What We Are Looking For:
• High School Diploma, technical education / certificates preferred
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a manufacturing/packaging environment or technical schooling certificate
- Technical aptitude to diagnose operation of equipment.
- Proven ability to perform root cause analysis to define and resolve problems.
- Computer knowledge to operate manufacturing systems.
- Manual dexterity and control of movement to work with tools.
- Read and comprehend written instructions and reports.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime.
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to use judgement and make autonomous decisions to ensure proper usage of lines in a safe manner.
- Prolonged standing; continuous movement in and around packaging line.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs.
- Opening boxes, lifting boxes, assembling, palletizing and labeling of finished goods. Supplying bulk and components to the line. Removal of finished goods pallets from line to dock/warehouse.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.