Job Title: Short Term Planner
Reports to: Processing Director
Location: Piscataway, NJ Manufacturing Facility
Responsible for the order conversion and sequencing of the production schedule for both Bulk Processing and/or Finished Good Packaging. To ensure successful achievement and adherence to the monthly production plan, the key responsibility of the short-term planner sets the schedule for manufacturing while ensuring all raw materials, bulks, and components are available at the right time in the right quantity to service the business.
- Daily order conversions and sequencing of processing vessels and/or packaging lines.
- Ensure a 5-day firm manufacturing plan
- Work with processing manager and planning teams to develop and validate an achievable plan based on available capacity, manning and expected delivery of required components and bulk to service the business.
- Track key planning indicators such as Achievement (Gross) and Adherence (Net) to meet site objectives.
- Ensure Master Data accuracy in SAP with the creation of new recipes and PVs and on-going maintenance of the system.
- Directs the release of materials to ensure uninterrupted supply while maintaining overall inventory within prescribed limits.
- Manage inventory levels closely by conducting and reconciling regular physical cycle-counts to ensure and maintain bulk and raw material accuracy.
- Coordination with several key production members such as master planners, production planners, supervisors, Quality, MSC, raw material planners and flows to maximize execution of validated plan.
- Responsible for timely reporting of all inventory and production-related metrics.
- Plan component inventories and maintain planning parameters to manage the inventory investment within budgeted levels.
- Define the Processing and/or Packaging schedule for the UP over a 3 month horizon, with high accuracy over a 2-4 week period.
- Interface with MSC and UP Director on production plan advancement.
- Manage the resource requirements along with the key parties like labor (HR, Production Cell Manager), Tanks/Totes, Detergents (Vendor).
- Develop strong relationships across the facility to promote learnings and continuous improvements to our planning process.
- Key Liaison with Component Supply Planners on RM/PM availability and exceptions.
- Key Liaison with Industrial Quality on RM/PM/WIP/BULK/FG inspection priorities.
- Adjust the schedule reactively as needed to maintain the pertinence of the short-term plan.
- Manage the administration of work orders for UP execution.
- Key Liaison with MSC on call-off issues and call-off performance.
- Perform in a lead role in the planned transition of additional products from other L’Oréal USA plants.
- Actively involved in budget related aspects like saturations, resource requirements (Tanks, Labor, etc) on medium and long term horizon.
- Be a driving force in the definition of batch size and material losses.
- May perform other duties and projects as required.
- 1 – 3 years planning experience and a working knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning, Capacity Planning, Master Scheduling, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 4-year college degree in Supply Chain, Chemicals or other related business stream preferred.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to work extended hours to meet monthly planning cycle deadlines.
- Project management experience.
- Proficient in Excel - spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software, PowerBI and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.