Reporting directly to the Processing Supervisor, general responsibilities of this position include the operation of scales, pumps, mixing, and material handling equipment for the pre-weigh of chemicals; preparation of requests for chemicals from Pre-weigh listing to the warehouse; and the compounding of batches to supply filling lines.
- Trouble shooting and attention to detail
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Willingness to learn- on the job training provided
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical training and college experience
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Chemical mixing experience in a similar industry
- Current PIT (Forklift) certification
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Push and pull up to 25lbs
- Long periods of standing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurately weighing materials, utilizing appropriate tools, containers and pallet patterns to supply kits to processing.
- Responsible for using computerized recipe management system to manufacture bulk product. (MODOP/IS2/FlexNet).
- Follow G.M.P’s to ensure that compounds are of high quality and free of contaminants. G.M.P’s include cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, proper sampling and handling of materials, and appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for housekeeping in work location, including washing of pumps, drums, utensils, wiping down of equipment and using floor scrubbing equipment.
- Request chemicals from the warehouse.
- Hooks up piping and pumps and auxiliary equipment necessary to transfer compounds and solution to supply filling lines.
- Responsible for accurately completing quality assessment of bulk including viscosity, PH, color, odor and appearance.
- Notifies the supervisor of existing or potential problems with equipment or materials which may jeopardize employee safety and/or product quality.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.