The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. L’Oréal supports diversity, sustainable and ethical sourcing for all our products.
L’Oréal East Africa
The Business in Kenya presents a culture where teamwork, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are valued. We are in the business of making our world more beautiful and we believe the world needs a different kind of energy that comes with ownership and initiative that makes a difference; that said, we are looking for the extra ordinary.
About the role
Develop innovative products, renovate pillars-product for the brands panier to ensure continued growth for the brand.
- Collect, compare and synthesize LOCAL market data relevant to their category (consumer, markets, competition, country, digital…), generate insights and suggest actions based on findings
- Develop new, different, better concepts consistent with the brand’s sense of purpose, by integrating consumer insights and trends
- Orchestrate the product development process including monitoring the departments involved to ensure the project’s operational excellence: write the project brief, update piloting tools and reporting (Magellan, Drive, DIM, the Sharing beauty with all commitments, etc.) and meet the deadlines
- Write marketing mix recommendations (IMC/360/Digital/Retail) for product launches or pillar-product renovations, working closely with departments involved (communication, digital, retail, etc.…) to create an integrated, engaging and consistent consumer brand experience
- Assist in the development of creative material in line with the brand’s integrated-communication platform (imagery, digital, point of sale)
- Write country implementation kits providing advice and recommendations on the marketing mix
- Exchange constantly with the zones and strategic countries for their category, provide them with support during product launches and ensure follow-up of go-to-market
- Effectively prepare clear messages to present to senior management
- Degree in any marketing related field would be an advantage
- Great at multi-tasking and handling projects (project management experience)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in innovations (product development)
- Experienced brand managers with product development experience are encouraged to apply
- Must be creative and have a strong understanding of customers' needs
- Needs excellent analytical abilities to utilize market trends and customer data in the development of new products.