Job Title: Quality Representative
Division: Open Manufacturing
Location: The Hub (Clark, NJ)
Reports To: Quality Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Learn:
- Ensure product compliance with L’Oréal’s Standard Procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Issue Nonconformance notices and follow up on Root Cause Analysis/Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Work with subcontractors (CM) on status of Quality nonconformities, support investigations and problem solving. Assess risk which may impact product safety or compliance.
- Ensure that CAPAs are initiated, assigned, thoroughly investigated, documented, and effectively resolved when deficiencies are found during development, testing, manufacturing. Request waivers when necessary.
- Provide support to Quality Manager with quality agreement between L’Oreal and Contract Manufacturers (CM).
- Provide support to Quality Manager in issuing/updating technical dossier (Blue Book- BB) for CM production.
- Assist Quality Manager on new CM on-boarding process.
- MTrain/Coach/Assist current & new CMs to ensure understanding of quality requirements.
- Participate in CM’s certification program (test delegation, control, and process validation).
- Perform product inspection and manage the quality disposition process for FGs, PCs, bulk, WIPS in WISE / FUSION as necessary.
- Manage reworks (at the DC or 3rd party) - rework instructions, Traceability list, re-control, release.
- Coordinate the samples for approval for R&I, Mktg, or other stakeholders as necessary.
- Train/assist new team members on test methods and procedures.
- Create and implement quality procedures.
- Support DGO/Internal audits.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree, Science or Engineering is preferred.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Industrial Quality, preferably within cosmetics and consumer goods industry
- Knowledge of ISO Standards 9001 and GMP Standards (ISO 22716)
- Cosmetic Regulation (Labeling Regulation for Cosmetics), 21 CFR 210 & 21 CFR 211
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Knowledge in Problem-solving techniques
- Good computer skills with proficiency of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SAP Experience
- Strong attention to detail and desire to follow procedures
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to interpret data and statistics
- Can lift up to 30 lbs.
- Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality System
- Knowledge on OTC products
- This position could require 10% travel - more local
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment Assist Quality Manager on new CM on-boarding process, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status