What You Will Learn:
Works under the general direction of the department Supervisor or other supervision as designated by the Employer. Coordinates the activities of Processor trainees and Pre-weighers and trains such employees as needed and where required. Performs all job duties of Preweighers and Processors. Responsible for the maintenance of certain equipment including but not limited to presses and mixing systems. Coordinates inventory of materials within the department. Performs all department operations.
- Performs all duties of Processing.
- When required, trains Pre-weighers and others and observes work being performed to insure that proper procedures are followed. Co-signs batch records and / or pertinent records.
- Assists other Processors as needed or required.
- Preweighs ingredients as directed, coordinates inventories of all materials as required.
- Assists in operation of the department with particular care towards GMP sanitation, quality control, safety, housekeeping and inventory control.
- Handles and preweighs variety of raw ingredients in packaging or container form as necessary for manufacturing operations, utilizing mechanical equipment as required.
- Uses scales and meters, weighs, loads and pumps, measures quantities of various dry and liquid chemicals for kettles, mixers or tanks.
- Operates equipment such as mixers, blenders, agitation pumps, filters, and similar devices as part of the manufacturing process.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment used in department operations according to L’Oreal GMP procedures.
- Quality checks, including but not limited to, color checks, zwicks and drop tests.
- Record keeping, including but not limited to, batch records, line sheets and sanitization logs.
- General department operations including but not limited to, safety, housekeeping, inventory control, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, special projects and all other work related to Makeup Processing as directed.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably cosmetics.
- Computer Skills, including but not limited to, ADC system, industrial chemistry system, color computer.
- May be required to attend training programs necessary to maintain the high standard of L’Oréal Processors, whether in-house or off the premises.
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Fork lifts, including but not limited to, motorized pallet jacks, walker stackers, narrow aisle reach trucks and turret trucks.
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and experimental products.
- Must be capable of performing in process testing and must be fully capable of using such devices as color compute and zwick apparatus and undertake all similar tasks that are requested by the Employer.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting