Title: Senior Chemist II - Analytical Chemistry, L’Oréal Research & Innovation
Join our L’Oréal USA Research & Innovation Talent Community for Analytical Chemistry
Who We Are:
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Analytical Chemistry is responsible for working with our over 35 brands and partnering with development and manufacturing teams to design studies, generate analytical data, and summarize findings regarding our products using the latest instruments, methodologies, and techniques. We value the development of products that are backed by science to establish stability, performance, safety, and quality regardless of the brand or division.
We are looking for talent a talented scientist that is passionate about problem-solving and investigating the chemistry behind our products, can use data to support conclusions and claims, and has a deep drive to ensure beauty products are held to the highest standards in quality and safety.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our Analytical Chemistry team, you have a key role to play in the development of our products. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prioritizes and coordinates stability testing and ensures data is accurate and reported to meet timelines.
- Designs and conducts research to develop, validate, and implement novel LC (UV), GC (FID) and GPC methods and assays that are technically relevant to the groups supported and that will help us further grow our analytical toolkit.
- Perform general troubleshooting and maintenance for LC (UV) and GC (FID) based instrumentation
- Maintain necessary documentation in accordance with policies and practices
- Continually develop knowledge in new areas of product technology to improve efficiency in assigned projects Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Collects, process and interpret data accurately, derive conclusions based on sound science, and prepare technical reports to effectively communicate results and findings to key stakeholders (audience with and without scientific backgrounds).
- Collaborates closely with our brand partners in support of product development, to drive company strategy and initiatives to completion.
- Adhere to written practices to ensure good quality, compliance, and safety.
- Maintain awareness of consumer trends, as well as evolving capabilities in the analytical chemistry field, with emphasis on LC (UV) and GC (FID).
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes, delays, unexpected events, and able to manage multiple projects prioritizing the work to ensure on time delivery of results and critical project milestones.
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth and depth.
- Actively participate in L’Oréal’s international analytical technical communities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry with at least 7+ years of professional experience.
- Have a strong experimental background and skills using LC (UV) and GC (FID) based instrumentation to solve challenging technical problems and develop novel methods/assays.
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with LC (UV must, MS desirable) and GC (FID must/MS desirable) based instrumentation is a must.
- Experience in the field of analytical chemistry including method development, validations, troubleshooting and experimental design desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to organize analytical data and provide summaries and conclusions to management and stake holders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet timelines.
- Strong attention to details, high level of motivation, initiative, and sense of urgency.
- Experience in the cosmetics, personal care or consumer goods industries is a plus but not required.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills ranging from conceptualization to implementation.
- Ability to take calculated risks, be proactive and self-directed.
- Committed to delivering high quality results and overcoming challenges.
- Familiar with ICH guidelines, GMPs and GLPs.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Self-motivated to learn, hardworking and curious individual with the ability to think innovatively about difficult research problems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.