Berkeley Heights, New Jersey (hybrid work model)
The AV Engineering Senior Manager will be responsible for providing the end-to-end audiovisual technology experience within the L’Oréal environment across the Americas. This includes but not limited consulting with executive level program leaders, real estate project team members and leads, peers across L’Oréal and external resources to develop audio/visual collaboration solutions. This individual will manage AV design in all spaces, developing and managing technology roadmaps as well as providing tactical delivery and strategic technological direction. This includes but is not limited to process development, standards development, technology implementation, operational standards and maintain solution portfolio. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and project management skills to address a portfolio of client deliverables and innovative solutions; strong facilitation/presentation skills with an executive presence; an intellectual curiosity coupled with a passion for applying innovative technologies to create proven solutions. The role will have a primary focus on providing Innovative technology that creates breakthrough client experiences and with a secondary emphasis on seamless operations across the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs/develops audio visual (AV) & technology solutions for new office buildouts and refreshes.
- Continue innovating on AV technologies that enhance the collaboration experience in our hybrid workplace
- Create & implement process improvements to help scale our support of meetings, events, and physical collaboration spaces (i.e. incident response processes, proactive hardware remediation, automated testing, etc.)
- Reviews operation of equipment with client and ensures appropriate training in operation and use
- Recommends audio visual enhancements & refreshes for the environment as appropriate
- Reviews, recommends, and implements collaboration tools for specific use case requirements
- Ensures projects are managed within standards and budgeted guidelines
- Coordinates vendor activities and technology enhancements with facility management
- Ensures compliance of AV equipment with cyber security standards
- Supervise vendors and technology implementations within buildouts
- Develops and manages audio visual technology standards
- Takes ownership of AV issues, engages appropriate Technology, Operations, and vendor resources, and drives towards resolution
- Communicates project delays/issues to leadership early and often
- Have familiarity with technology vendors and installers in the AV space and have experience solving for the hybrid collaboration use case in conference rooms
- Have managed vendor relationships, working with them to ensure an acceptable level of support is met & roadmaps align with firm goals
- Create and provide any markups of plans or presentations that will demonstrate or clarify intended A/V Solutions to management, stakeholders, or clients
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or equivalent experience. Degree is NOT required
- The optimal candidate will have over 7+ years of AV technology experience and 3+ years of management/leadership experience or equivalent combination.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of leading successful AV-related projects.
- Proven management/leadership skills for teams that provide high quality, customer-oriented AV support. Excellent team building, coaching, developing, and consensus building skills.
- Escalates conflicts/issues on a timely basis to groups and proactively works towards mitigation and resolutions of issues and risks
- This position requires an in-depth knowledge of MS Teams certified videoconference equipment, Crestron control systems, Biamp, video switchers & distribution systems, digital sound processors (DSP), video recording & streaming.
- Basic knowledge of various audio, video and control standards including RS-232, Crestron DM, HD Base-T, HDMI, HDCP, h.323 and IP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP networks, identifying connectivity related issues, and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions and extreme time constraints while meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and time-management skills with demonstrated initiative.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management, faculty, staff, students, and vendor personnel, both in oral and written formats.
- Ability to remain composed in high pressured environments
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and offer solutions to new requests
- Ability to be hands-on while leading a team
- Experienced in managing multiple projects in various phases of construction/deployment
- Experienced in communication power, wiring, blocking/bracing, and cable path requirements with construction managers, architects, mechanical electrical plumbing engineers, and multiple trades (electricians, low voltage contractors, etc.)
- Knowledge of ambient and artificial lighting and how they impact end user experience
- Experienced in planning of sightlines, proper mounting heights, and distance for optimal end use experience
- Knowledge of Acoustics (Sound Transmission Class, echo, reverberation, ambient noise) and how the physical construction of a room, furniture, carpet, and features impact the audio and video experience
- Experienced in thermal management and calculating cooling requirements and ventilation for equipment racks in closets/furniture
- Knowledge of Video and collaboration technology industry trends for similarly sized enterprises
- Ability to speak Spanish / Portuguese is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.