Job Title Senior Manager, Media Analytics and Measurement
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: Hudson Yards, NY
Reports To: Vice President, Media
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes brands like L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Manager of Measurement and Analytics is someone who is passionate about research and analytics. This candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the brands, agencies, and vendors to craft the various learning agendas and to find solutions for measuring the impact of media on business objectives across the Professional Products Division. This position requires an individual to think strategically and to problem solve while paying meticulous attention to detail. The candidate must be someone who loves data, shows curiosity about the “why”, is hungry to learn, and is intellectually curious.
What We Are Looking For:
- Use predictive and statistical modeling techniques to solve challenges, uncover opportunities and develop solutions for brand business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to innovate and develop scalable solutions across industry challenges, work with stakeholders to improve current analytic processes and develop new capabilities that set us apart in the marketplace, and establish and maintain excellent working relationship with key functional areas
- Act as a liaison between the analytics team and the internal brand, activation and operational areas
- Maintain collaboration with third party measurement partners (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar Millward Brown, and more) and collaborate with company’s media AOR and their advanced analytics team
- Use automation and technology to increase efficiency and to provide the infrastructure to scale.
- Bring an “outside-in perspective” to analytic development; explore, identify, and assess external best practices, and translate them to the relevant applications internally while also developing roadmaps to help expand the measurement capabilities for the division
- Advise leadership and brand teams on methodologies for marketing and media analytics, measurement, and attribution. Help teams navigate industry standards and alternatives.
- Regularly provide feedback on data quality to data owners and find innovative ways to ease data collection process as well as develop guidelines for data by category.
- BA/BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics
- 5-7 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in the Advanced Analytics field, preferably in media, marketing or an adjacent field.
- Advanced statistical modeling experience (e.g. regression modeling/predictive modeling/inferential statistics) required
- Specific marketing response modeling expertise such as MMM.
- Experience in crafting geo experiments to help measure the impact of media on offline sales
- Cross functional skills – can explore business view and work with them to develop mutually owned solutions
- Can solve problems in complex situations using creative and conceptual reasoning.
- Strong verbal communication skills, extremely well-organized.
- Communicate complex ads measurement and research results to a general audience
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Brand, retailer, research vendor, or digital agency experience
- Exposure to large data sets (“big data”) and analysis thereof
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $117,300.00-$164,200.00 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.