Job Title: Senior Specialist - Employee Service Center/Payroll
Division: Corporate Payroll
Location: Tampa, FL
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
L'Oréal USA is excited to announce the establishment of a People Services function, based in Tampa, Florida. The People Services function will take on and centralize critical, operational Human Resources work with a goal of increasing collaboration, leveraging shared knowledge, and creating a more consistent employee experience. Come join our dynamic team and help us elevate the employee journey!
What You Will Learn:
- Provide customer service excellence to the L’OREAL USA Human Resources community and the employee population with a focus on these internal customers. Address and resolve employee inquiries reg
- Answer and field incoming calls to the Employee Service Center/Payroll. Provide assistance relative to L’OREAL policies such as vacation/personal time, disability leaves, workers’ compensation and educational assistance. Achieve an 85% response rate.
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing which includes ensuring transactions are in compliance with internal and external payroll and time & labor laws, policies and practices
- Process workflows in the HRIS system for all employee moves (new hires, transfers, promotions and separations)
- Maintain a complete understanding of pay rules for assigned employee population
- Review, update and make changes to workflows prior to posting transactions
- Coordination and follow-up with vendor for background searches and drug screening results
- Perform data input to payroll system for miscellaneous payments and other changes including deduction and tax withholding
- Audit data interfaced from HR system into the payroll system including salary and tax status
- Check, audit, and maintain payroll & timekeeping records in conformance with established standards.
- Complete payroll cycle audit and reconciliation to ensure accurate payroll process
- Initiate and process leave management cases
- Follow thru on sensitive payroll matters related to paycheck garnishments
- Participation on cross functional initiatives within the Employee Service Center and Payroll Departments
- Participation in the Welcome Center orientation for all company new hires
- Involvement with Employee Relations Events
What We Are Looking For:
- 2-5 years experience in working with Human Resources and Payroll systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated system aptitude including payroll time & labor systems
- Knowledge of leaves of absence (disability and workers’ compensation
- Ability to partner with internal and external resources to resolve inquiries
- Prior assignments in HR, Payroll or Customer Service Departments
- Exposure to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Proficient with MS Office (WORD / PowerPoint / EXCEL)
- Experience with leave management processes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver positive customer service experiences
- Experience working in a call center environment
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting  [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.