Prompt cash flow is critical to our business. The main responsibility of the Credit Specialist is to ensure funds due to L’Oreal are received as expected. Our Credit Specialists analyze payment trends to determine what is causing delays by account and provide recommendations on how to improve them. If cash is not flowing appropriately, it is the Credit Specialist’s responsibility to understand why. To achieve this, the Specialist must be the expert on their accounts and be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external business partners to resolve any issues that may arise. This role is vital to our organization as the impact and risk associated by shipping with open terms, and collecting payment timely, is essential to L’Oreal’s cash flow.
TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze shipment and payment flows, in order to review and release customer’s orders on credit hold.
- Manage customer’s credit limits and parameters, providing recommendations on next steps when financial situation changes, or based on business needs.
- Develops reporting as needed to evaluate customer’s credit exposure, and support requests for credit limit increases.
- Builds partnerships with both internal partners, Customer Service, Sales, Deductions, Treasury, DC and Finance teams, and with their accounts.
- Provides proactive information to Management when issues arise, by identifying the root cause and provide recommendations on an action plan to follow.
- Understands the account’s internal payment processes, in order to be able to prepare monthly cash forecasting, timely and accurately, alongside with analysis on drivers for payments made, or missed. Will also use this information to identify improvement opportunities in both, our internal processes, or the account’s behavior.
- Updates A/R system with status on past due invoices.
- Develops and executes process improvement projects related to the Credit area.
- Collaborate with IT, Transportation/Carriers, Sales and Customer Service when invoices have issues that prevents the account to pay on time, in order to understand root cause and drive an action plan to prevent future occurrences.
- Participates in the customer creation process with Information & Control and Sales departments, leading the credit related fields. Reviews credit applications, analyzes financial statements and reports, and provides recommendation to Management on payment terms and/or credit limits.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience or exposure to Credit or related field is preferred.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook required.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently – be dependable and reliable self-starter.
- Excellent analytical skills, understanding and developing trends.
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communicational skills.
- Operates with integrity and high ethical standards.
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment that values collaboration efforts.
- Flexibility to work occasional extended hours as required.
- Analytical – ability to analyze large data sets and conduct root cause investigations
- Interacts effectively – ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Achieves results – pursues objectives with drive & stays proactive
- Innovation – questions the status quo, thinks outside of the box, and has the ability to implement solutions independently
- Manages complexity and demonstrates entrepreneurship – takes initiative, makes decisions independently, and able to manage changing priorities
- Displays sensitivity to the L’Oreal Métier and demonstrates excellence – focuses on completing work accurately and with high quality
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Ask us about L’Oreal’s workplace flexibility programs.
*** Note that this job description depicts a Specialist role on the Credit team. There may also be opportunities on our Deductions team as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.