Sr. Manager, Commercial Data Engineer
Commercial Planning and Operations Data Team
L’Oréal USA’s Commercial Products Division is looking for a passionate and focused business intelligence data engineer to join the Commercial Planning and Operations team, responsible for enterprise analytics solutions and tech capabilities to support sustained growth.
Launched in 2021, CPD created the Commercial Data team to drive business growth by modernizing reporting and processes across the division. The team is responsible for reporting on data pillars including consumption, ecommerce, inventory, shipments, and competitive marketshare across the division. We enable detailed analytics on actuals and streamlined tools for commercial planning.
This role is responsible for managing an analytics workspace to support the data team. This includes managing data availability, report access, data performance, and other technical needs of the data team. The role will report into the Data Team Lead and will be primarily working with the Category BI Leads, supporting centralized, category, and customer-specific data tools. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience maintaining a Business Intelligence reporting platform, data modeling, ETL, and other essential modern reporting competencies. This is a technical role, supporting the implementation and adoption of BI tools across the division.
- Support the Data Team though managing the Business Intelligence platform, including refresh scheduling, subscriptions, security & access requests, etc.
- Partner with the Category BI Product Owners on data sourcing, modelling, and visualization
- Manage database connectivity and sourcing, extracting data from Google Cloud Platform and OLAP data cubes
- Partnership with Shared Data Doman leads and other IT teams, leveraging division agnostic databases where possible
- Design and manage ETL and Data Flow processes for BI tools
- Research and plan implementation of future data sources, building development models for testing, and planning UAT as data sources evolve
- Guide CPD Data Team with best practices in data visualization
- 5+ years in a strategy & analytics-focused role, working on projects that have enabled them to build strong quantitative skills and business judgment (e.g., management consulting, eCommerce, Operations, Sales Planning, or Advanced Analytics)
- Background education in data science, engineering, math, statistics, computer science, operations research, supply chain, business analytics and/or relevant software certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Google Professional Cloud Database Engineer, Looker Certified Business Analyst, etc.)
- Experience working with enterprise cloud databases, data analytics, working with large data sets and ideally writing complex SQL/GBQ queries
- Experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Power Bi, Looker or similar)
- Prior experience in Beauty, or CPG industries a plus
- SAP system experience preferred
- Clear understanding of relational databases along with a demonstrated ability to merge/transfer text files resulting in the creation of reports from multiple sources
- Keen sense of detail orientation
- Experience analyzing performance data and summarizing / communicating findings via reports and presentations
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Salary range: $107-150k + bonus