Job Title: Category Development & Insights Manager
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Reports to: VP, Category Development
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
What We Are Looking For:
Influence and drive total cosmetics and skin care strategy at Walmart and help Walmart gain market share.
Develop partnership with Walmart Beauty leadership to be a trusted resource for beauty and in particular, the cosmetic and skincare categories.
Accelerate growth of the category and CPD brands by:
- Leveraging exhaustive omni channel category analysis to identify category growth opportunities for Walmart Cosmetics and Skincare categories.
- Leveraging deep category shopper insights to optimize marketing mix (placement, distribution and assortment) and uncover growth opportunities for CPD.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develop and own overall Consumer Products Division Cosmetics and Skincare portfolio strategy. Based on insights and customer knowledge, identify CPD brands growth opportunities at the account and help define brands strategies.
- by leveraging Category Development toolkit such as, but not limited to: Cookbooks, Nielsen, Spectra, Richmix, Kantar, SKU Rat Tool, Mintel, Euromonitor and CMI bespoke research.
- Assess e-commerce retailer platforms to provide strategic recommendations inclusive of assortment, user navigation, educational opportunities, and omni channel cohesiveness.
- Leverage ecommerce tools/dashboards such as Market360, Ecom Dashboard, Ecommerce MRMs to provide omni-channel commercial insights to the retailer and multi-functional teams.
Define consistent CPD category guidelines
- Build and drive Category Line Reviews leveraging shopper analytics, POS performance metrics, planogram assessments, and internal trend information provided by central category teams. Share findings/recommendations with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Define priority products types/products to grow/products to maintain/products to delete for all CPD brands at the account.
- Define POG Vision for the category and our brands, including brand adjacencies and POG flow recommendation.
- Dissect market and retailer data to provide insights including, but not limited to, Space to Sales, SKU rationalization, and key competitor assessments to drive brand market share.
Leverage category insights and selling stories for the account team
- Communicate, influence and drive the category insights within the multi-functional team, including best practices offline and online.
- Ensure alignment between all brands on selling story and opportunities for CPD overall to win offline and online at the account.
- Maintain a close pulse on in-store and online dynamics by conducting consistent store audits and sharing insights with the broader multifunctional team.
- Maintain basic knowledge of promotional and pricing fundamentals for CPD and competitive brands to provide high level insight of promotional effectiveness to internal and field sales teams.
The Network you Would Work With:
Customer Team Lead, National Account Managers, Customer Development Managers and Customer Marketing. Customer buyers and Category insights teams. Category head, Customer Category Manager and Account Category Manager peer group.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing, category management or sales role
- Proven experience of leading Range Reviews (RR), retailer strategies and projects
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Multi category experience
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $107,500-$150,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.