JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager, Suites & Schools (Education)
REPORTS TO: Director, Education (Sub Distribution, Suites & Schools)
LOCATION: St Petersburg, FL (NOC)
The Assistant Manager, Suites & Schools is responsible for the coordination and execution of brand-specific education classes and events in partnership with AVP, Suite Development and key business leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute education events and programs for Suites & Schools
- Track all event deadlines, ensuring everything is on-time and on-task.
- Manage budgets throughout planning process and review final budget with Director of Education
- Communicate the details within the Brand Education/Marketing and Sales teams both within the brand and across SC when applicable
- Maintain an accurate accounting of event expenses, updating specific P&L budgets as necessary
- Build and maintain Master Calendar; track and report bookings, attendance, sell outs and cancellations.
- Track class information in SalesForce.com; dispatch class assignments to educators and input bookings into database.
- Confirm ongoing status of classes/events with Stores, Sales and Educators.
- Coordinate flyers; edit, print and distribute to Street and Store teams 90 days prior to class date.
- Communicate cancellations, potential cancellations, and sold-out classes to Stores, Sales and other stakeholders.
- Reconcile all artist expense reports, process invoices and coordinate accruals with finance for manufacturer reimbursement tracking
- Communicate with Product Fulfillment Coordinator to coordinate all class and/or event logistics: class supplies and product deliveries and pick-ups, call tags and equipment.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Event Education overview report to Director of Education
- Participate in education planning meetings as needed.
- Perform other departmental duties as directed by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2-3 years of event planning, education and/or professional beauty industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school education or GED required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Word/Outlook (required) and SalesForce.com (preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform and balance demands in a fast-paced, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Attend SC National Education meeting and no less than three education events/tradeshows every year, as needed
- Ability to sit and use normal office equipment (phone, computer etc.) more than 90% of the day.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% and work weekends as necessary based on business needs.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.