Based: White City, London
Start Date : September 2023
Annual Salary : £20,500
Level : Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship.
Degree: Chartered Management Degree
Duration : 3 Years + EPA
Working Day Week : 4 Days in L'Oréal, 1 Day at University
If chosen, assessment centres will be held in MAY 2023.
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by a display of gleaming products, you’re seeing the work of Visual Merchandising. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
Day-to-day you may be...
Supporting tracking spend against budget, Record over/under spends, flagging issues and finding savings/efficiencies where possible
- Supporting the Visual Merchandising team with preparing and planning for new merchandising updates for Essie and NYX Professional Makeup across UK & I permanent stands.
- Partnering with all the relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correctly implemented across the UK e.g. Boots, Superdrug, Sainsburys
- Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of visual merchandising
- Working closely with the Marketing team to support the design, management and development of permanent stand updates
- Updating, developing and designing planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
- Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
- Bring an analytical view to merchandising decisions, ensuring we prioritise workload and investments on projects that will help us achieve brand business goals. This may be analysing a competitor’s planogram and division of space vs ours and making analytical suggestions on how we could make our space more efficient/ sales-driving.
- Administration: - Ensure all working documents are kept up to date and prepared for the following year (WIP, CPA, etc).
- Administration:- updating all linelists, SPRGs, etc to latest assortments.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Visual Merchandising trends
- Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
- Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have the GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C (4, or equivalent)
- Have achieved an ABB at A Level, or 34 points (16 at higher level) in the International Baccalaureate