POSITION TITLE: Assistant Vice President - Global Social Media
DEPARTMENT: Global Marketing (DMI)
REPORT TO: Worldwide Vice President Marketing & Social Media
The AVP Social Media develops and executes a comprehensive social media program across multiple platforms. The AVP is responsible for understanding our customer and brand, being an expert on social trends & metrics, and generating relevant, engaging, educational content and driving the Kiehl’s global social strategy as well as guidelines for Kiehl’s local social media. Our goal is to drive awareness for total Kiehl’s and best representing the brand in the social space with our customers-- increasing the size and engagement of our communities, amplifying our advocate community online and driving sales to Kiehls.com and create a synergistic experience in all POS.
- AVP must develop effective agency relationships, with a focus on maximizing spend, ROI and rigorous analytics to master an emerging space.
- AVP to develop a strategic roadmap and vision plan for Social, as a key tool for engagement, awareness and conversion to the Kiehl’s brand.
- Develop standards, expertise and best practices within Social to inform and scale across all marketing and channel platforms.
- Analyzes and develops deep knowledge of skincare social spheres, content and audiences to drive relevance and responsiveness metrics for Kiehl’s.
- Blend brand marketing and direct marketing to ensure synergies and create new customer opportunities.
- Develop a social media calendar supporting innovations, animations, retail stores and customer acquisition goals and engagement.
- Works with eCommerce/ Marketing team management on ways to execute overarching strategy for Social Media that will include brand building, social signals and SEO for search.
- Develops unique and timely promotional campaigns featuring incentives to join the social communities such as exclusive content, contests, or insider access. Looks for ways to increase interactions and improve post virality.
- Through various tools, determines our ‘top customers’ and ‘top contributors’ and works with Digital team on short and long-term plans to reward and grow this tier.
- Must be committed to uncovering positive customer behaviors in terms of conversion, content creation and distribution and help to encourage more of these behaviors.
- Work with international and cross functional teams to edit and deliver content for each launch and special animations
- Execute fully loaded-launch campaigns including ideation, launch, monitoring, analysis, optimization and media buying with support from agency and Manager.
- Responsible to provide meaningful consumer insights and manage social media budgets.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity. Other duties as assigned.
Lead a team as well was driving individual initiatives. Bridge with VP Global Marketing and Social Media a holistic calendar for our markets through all touchpoints. Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Excellent cross functional and immediate team leadership and development.
- Must have a passion for and extensive knowledge of social media, including all major networks, blogs and video blogs, photo/video sharing, etc.
- Must have a deep understanding of each social media platform; corresponding rules/laws, changing offerings/news/analytical tools.
- Develop tactics that will meet or exceed the long-term goals and short-term objectives for both Social and Digital (eCommerce).
- Knowledgeable of best practices with regard to user interaction.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and identify ways the company can leverage current topics of interest, know ecosystem and demonstrate curiosity and customer centricity
- Understanding of online analytics, Google analytics, Ebench, Netbase and other platforms a plus.
- Understand mining data across all media types; such as video and blog content, as well as devices such as mobile and tablet. In terms of analysis, they have to be able to understand and articulate not only what has happened in any given campaign, but also to examine why it happened, and to provide actionable insight to team members
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.