Manager of Business Analytics & eBusiness
L’OREAL USA Active Cosmetics Division
The Active Cosmetics Division (ACD) is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic digital candidate to join the eBusiness team arm responsible for Amazon and other key accounts in the U.S.
The role involves leading and creating the business systems needed to fuel strong analytical support and proactive generation of insights for not only Amazon but all key stakeholders in the eBusiness unit of the Active Cosmetic Division.
Candidate must be outgoing, have strong analytical, writing and research skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life.
Business Analysis Responsibilities:
- Build reporting system to aggregate data across 6 brands & multiple different reporting systems to support the division’s Amazon & overall online business
- Support Account Managers to drive business analysis to improve forecasting, inventory, retailer sell-in, sell-through, inventory management, and various relevant key performance metrics
- Craft insights from reporting systems; turn data into a story to provide scheduled updates to respective brand teams & key stakeholders on the status of the business
- Track price, promotional activity, price elasticity, profitability and other key metrics across pure players and eRetailers with the goal of forecasting impact & occurrence of issues to drive future-facing business strategy
- Develop and update in regular cadence with brands / accounts managers a promotional planning calendar to capture all business drivers / promotional activity and identify issues before they arise
- Drive management for the division of internal and external tool management (Channel Advisor, Clavis, Data Syndication, OneClick Retail, and other systems as needed) and ensure and advise on catalog integrity for all Active Cosmetic Division brands
- Leads the development of new business systems as needed to meet business needs
Division Account Support Responsibilities:
- Support Key Account Managers as needed to execute daily Account Management responsibilities for total Amazon Business
- Support Mass Medical Amazon Business with new business initiatives
- Operations divisional liaison working closely with Customer Service, Supply Chain and Demand Planning to ensure optimization opportunities, chargeback reduction and driving towards optimal retailer performance
- Competitive indexing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
- 4+ years in an strategy or analytics-focused role, working on projects that have enabled them to build strong quantitative skills and business judgment (e.g., management consulting)
- Ecommerce experience (experience working with Amazon and SAP are ideal, but not required)
- Advanced in Excel, data analysis and visual modeling
- Prior experience with Amazon Premium Analytics a plus
- Strong understanding of the Digital Media and Beauty Industry
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint programs. Ability to create high impact presentations
- Detail oriented
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for marketing and communications (advertising, digital marketing, pr, media)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed