This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing and is responsible for managing all packaging activities of the cell ensuring compliance with all L’Oréal Safety, Quality, and Environmental standards. The production manager is responsible for the following:
- Coaching employees at all levels within the cell to achieve departmental objectives.
- Leading programs necessary to continuously develop a safety culture capable of achieving a goal of 0 accidents.
- Maintaining a safe, clean work environment and implementing L’Oreal Safety/housekeeping, health and environmental programs.
- Implementing L’Oreal quality assurance procedures.
- Observing “Good Manufacturing Practices” (G.M.P.)
- Managing the production workforce to achieve the plan and maximize the efficiencies of manufacturing operations.
- Providing clear expectations to all manufacturing personnel while holding them accountable for achieving these goals.
- Leading productivity improvement teams and projects to eliminate losses and improve manufacturing operations.
- Training and assisting all personnel in skills and procedures that enable maximizing the efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Organizing and improving material flow to eliminate losses and improve production efficiencies.
- Maintaining appropriate records and completing necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Where applicable, developing labor standards and operator workflows for new products.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree required with a strong preference for engineering or business administration. 5 - 8 years of previous supervisory experience required, preferably in cosmetics industry. Excellent leadership experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment, strong organizational skills, a self driven attitude and passion for manufacturing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.