Job Function: Operations
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New Jersey - Berkeley Heights
· Manages the sourcing of a category and/or segment of raw materials, within the Americas Zone, by applying the sourcing methodology of L’Oreal.
· Participates in defining and setting up the strategy in collaboration with the Worldwide Category Manager
· Manages the economic performance: constructs cost reduction plans (value analysis, etc.), submit them to the Business Division, and render them operational
· Awards business based on firm proposals, quotations, and objective criteria
· Produces and communicates the follow up and analysis of results for the categories managed (Trend, S80)
· Establishes budget and pre-budget
· Manages the supplier performance: Quality, Supply, competitiveness, Innovation, Sustainability performances and follow up corrective action plans
· Provides Risk assessments and mitigation plans pro-actively
· Manages the relationship with R&I in the zone for the categories concerned
· Provides appropriate feedback to the Worldwide Category Manager and Management Committee
Qualifications and Educational Background
· BS/BA Degree required (Finance, Math, Engineering preferred)
· Prefer 3+ years of Sourcing experience. Sourcing skills: Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Understanding end to end Supply Chain operations.
· Self-starter with high level of curiosity to be able to investigate sourcing opportunities
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work independently in fast paced international environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. French or Spanish a plus
· High degree of financial and analytical data organization
· Exceptional PC Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint – SAP experience a plus