Job Function: Research
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
W What will be your activities and responsabilities?
The Biomolecules Group of L’Oréal Advanced Research Division has for mission to use living organisms (plants, microorganisms) to produce new ingredients for skin and hair application.
With the rapid development of microbiome research internally and externally, a growing understanding of its stability in healthy skin conditions and the cosmetic disorders associated with microbial dysbiosis, we seek to further the development of this field with an approach focused on delivering new ingredients targeting specifically the skin microbiota and its function for cosmetic benefits. In order to deliver new levels of performance for hair and skin applications, we will focus our activity on the function of the microbiome and our ability to modulate it. Prebiotic, probiotics and other modulators can indeed be used to alter the production of metabolites and address microbiota-linked conditions.
In addition, we seek to further develop our understanding of the interaction of cosmetic products with the skin microbiota.
As a member of the Biomolecule Group in the Biotechnology Department, your key objectives will be:
- To propose, develop, and evaluate innovative ingredients and concepts of performance targeting skin microbiota specifically for cosmetic benefits.
- To contribute to the development of research programs towards innovative biomolecules with a high performance in cosmetic
- To manage all aspects of projects within the scope of responsibility including resources.
- To introduce and/or be an actor of internal and external collaborations
- To ensure a regular communication of the results within the group, key stakeholders, and within the department.
- To ensure the respect for safety regulations within the laboratory and contribute to the Safety Culture.
What do you need to know?
- Microbiology, Biotechnology, Enzymology, Molecular Biology
Microbial culture, isolation, identification.
Metabolic network analysis.
Specific experience in skin microbiota is preferred.
Knowledge on micro-organisms interactions and microbiome regulators
- Genomic and NGS expertise
- High and Medium throughput screening
- Analytical tools: strong expertise in the different bioanalytical techniques
- Project management
Who are you?
- You have a PhD
- You have an operational level of English
- Team spirit; adaptability to changes,
good communications skills
◄ Back to job list