Job Function: Research & Innovation
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New Jersey - Clark
L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Associate Principal Scientist - Advanced Research, Open Innovation
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Responsible for project/portfolio management and technical support of internal & external collaboration projects in the area of skin & hair regeneration. This will include both support with monitoring on-going external collaboration projects and also develop new projects leveraging internal and external experimental capabilities. This high-visibility role will require frequent presentations to internal stakeholders to share proposals, results and recommendations.
This individual will carry out technology scouting of opportunities which will address key strategic challenges for the future of beauty related to skin & hair. These will include both start-up technologies as well as academic technologies. Additionally, technology triage of identified technologies based on strong alignment with internal prioritized needs and technical value proposition will need to be carried out. Key deliverable expected to be a steady pipeline of new opportunities, collaborations and materials to the L’Oreal innovation pipeline.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serve as an internal expert in the field of skin & hair regeneration applications.
- Carry out necessary due diligence, patent/literature data mining, mapping and experimental activities to support Advanced Research explorations for skin & hair regeneration applications.
- Lead the planning, execution, and analysis of laboratory or CRO experiments to support product and pipeline research in fields, such as, but not limited to: growth factors, small molecules, extracts, conditioned media, advanced cellular therapies and tissue engineering.
- Coordinate & manage projects between international L’Oréal laboratories and external technology collaborators (CROs).
- Together with relevant internal technical experts, carry out technology triage/technical due diligence of identified technologies.
- Interface with Business Development, contract and patent attorneys and purchasing colleagues to execute contracts and patents.
- Identify and champion potential opportunities for further investigation/evaluation.
- Prepare technical summaries and protocols for internal use and collaborate on the preparation of documents intended for external use.
- Keep up to date with current scientific literature, patents and competitive products. Keep the key stakeholders/team members updated on literature related to skin & hair regeneration topics through emails, interoffice memos and presentations.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. in one or more of the following areas: Regenerative Medicine areas, chemical biology, molecular biology or stem cell biology, biochemistry, bio-engineering, organic or medicinal chemistry
- 3-5+ years post-doctoral experience working in areas related to skin &/or hair regeneration, dermatology, wound healing, skin and/or hair biology and relevant biological pathways. Pharmaceutical or biotech experience in Regenerative Medicine area, with preferred experience in bringing a product to market.
- Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management & leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, networking and computer skills.
- Multi-lingual skills desirable
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status
◄ Back to job list