WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR BIG TECH TRANSFORMATION?
L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader with €29 billion consolidated sales.
Today, L’Oréal includes 1700 tech positions and it’s constantly growing. Especially with our ambition to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future.
BeautyTech will equip the Group with the key assets it needs to conquer this new world, where Tech has become strategic.
To achieve this ambition, L’Oréal needs to continue recruiting diverse, innovative, skilled and passionate minds in different tech domains such as Data, Digital, Cloud, Cyber Security, IT Architecture, DevOps, Applications and Infrastructure.
HOLD ON, WHERE ARE OUR MANNERS?
WE HAVEN’T PRESENTED OUR TEAM!
L’Oréal is in a period of growth and transformation in data and is building dynamic and multidisciplinary teams from different backgrounds to deliver on our exciting mission to accelerate the company’s Beauty Tech transformation.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cloud/AWS Solution Architect Manager to join our team. This role will report into the Assistant Vice President, Americas Platform Services Lead. This role will be an integral part of Americas Infrastructure Group and work closely with all the IT domain team (i.e., Digital, Application, Cybersecurity, E-Commerce, Retail) by providing expertise, design, engineering, troubleshooting of the cloud/on-prem platform with emphasis in AWS (Azure and GCP knowledge is a plus) environment. Collaborate with project managers and engineers to ensure cloud computing best practices are followed and applied. The ideal candidate will be motivated and skilled individual who will be part of the core team that is designing, building, and managing services in AWS. Candidate will be managing two direct reports and be involved in end-to-end delivery of Enterprise Cloud Projects, with primary hands-on contribution in building out Cloud Services as it relates to deployment of IaaS/PaaS applications.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO IN NUTSHELL!
- Design and implement new capabilities that address any gaps and provide an integrated end-to-end scalable enterprise-class service.
- Design, implement, manage, and maintain a stable, responsive, highly available public/private cloud infrastructure.
- Provide expertise in DevOps architecture, implementation and “run” best practices.
- Work in conjunction with Digital, Enterprise Architecture, Applications, IT Security, and IT Corporate teams to drive the long term and master plans within their environment.
- Develop architecture documents, reference patterns, artifacts, blueprints for solutions, dataflow diagrams.
- Participate in initiative/project discussions; provide cost estimation for infra, IaaS, PaaS services in AWS.
- Provide overall project communication to stakeholders and meet project requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Understand challenges of cloud deployments and upgrades as well as resource allocations and how to execute them successfully.
- Troubleshoot problems in the operational infrastructure and applications, including follow-up problem resolution, root cause analysis and process improvement. Knowledge of IT integration/Systems integration is a plus.
- Manage implementation of infrastructure updates such as OS, DB, Tools etc.
- Understand and support the backup strategy including creating AMIs and snapshots.
- Ensure the service exceeds 99.9% up-time.
- Undertake and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Undertake disaster recovery procedures if required.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED!
We love people that are curious, collaborative, eager to have an impact and who value innovation, autonomy, and team spirit. You value code simplicity, performance, and details.
- BS or equivalent technical degree with 6-8 years of information technology experience
- Experience in data center operations in large enterprises including the implementation and support of private and hybrid public cloud computing environments.
- Worked with the delivery of large, complex digital solutions in hosted, or hybrid environments.
- 7+ years of experience in IT industry, with broad understanding of compute, storage, security, and network infrastructure.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience managing infrastructure/applications in AWS
- Deep understanding of various AWS services
- Hands-on experience with large AWS deployments
- Cloud design for scalability, elasticity, and high availability
- Understanding of monitoring applications (i.e., ArcSight, SolarWinds, etc.) and logging (i.e., Splunk, DataDog, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps organizations that deliver ‘Infrastructure as Code’ in small iterative releases using tool sets such as Docker, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk
- Ability to perform in a collaborative environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology
- Excellent people skills at all levels within the organization
- Experience with DevOps tools, for example Jenkins, Chef
- Worked in an environment that has used Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Ability to work in an VUCA environment.
- Knowledge & experience of Azure and GCP are a plus.
- Knowledge of Firewall, networking, forward proxy, reverse proxy, DNS, CDN
- Firm grasp on AWS services, security, authentication scenarios
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently under little supervision within a demanding client centric environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a high level of initiative.
WAIT, THERE IS MORE! LET US GIVE YOU 4 OTHER REASONS TO JOIN US!
Joining L'Oréal means joining a company that:
- Invests in Tech and positions its Tech teams at the heart of its digital transformation strategy.
- Allows its employees to have a real impact, to test their ideas, to innovate and to build our future.
- Has a powerful and innovative HR policy.
- Has chosen to uphold strong values and to be particularly advanced from a social and environmental point of view (strong diversity and inclusion policy, L'Oréal for the Future program, commitment to numerous communities, etc.).
The L'Oréal Group is convinced that difference is a deep source of wealth, that allows everyone to grow, to challenge themselves and to go further.
We strongly encourage everyone to always dare and never censor themselves. Skills can always be learnt.
We will be delighted to exchange with you!
Ready to build the future of L'Oréal together? Apply now!