L’Oréal USA is searching for an Attorney for Data Protection. This role will support the company’s strategy in compliance with legal requirements and data privacy best practices, including the California Consumer Privacy Act. A strong understanding of Customer Relationship Management and ad tech is a plus.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide guidance on data privacy risk to senior leadership through the tracking of new privacy and security laws, cases and agency guidance
- Update data privacy policies as necessary
- Develop playbooks to provide guidance to the business on how to embed privacy in policies, practices, contracts, etc.
- Review new and existing L'Oréal products and platforms for privacy issues and conduct risk assessments
- Conduct training for marketing, IT, customer care, purchasing, and other teams to imbed privacy by design
- Understand privacy implications for global projects covered by the General Data Protection Regulation and negotiate DPAs and develop privacy disclosures
- Draft and negotiate data privacy and security terms in contracts with media, adtech and other third party vendors
- 3+ years of experience with strong background in privacy and data protection.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school. Bar admission in at least one state.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management and adtech is a plus.
- CIPP certification or willingness to obtain within 3 months of starting
- Sound and balanced legal judgment and business awareness, with an appropriate understanding of the need to pragmatically assess risk.
- An outstanding collaborator who can manage multiple agreements and tasks.
- An ability to clearly and succinctly explain legal issues to a non-legal audiences.
- High Ethical standards and a team attitude;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.