Position Title: Associate Principal Scientist Ingredients Innovation Advanced Research
Location: Clark, New Jersey (Hybrid)
Department: Advanced Research, Ingredients Innovation
"Do you like working in Advanced Research team, engaging with global raw material suppliers, and contributing to innovation and new product development?”
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4,100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world. L’Oréal, Research & Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working in more than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 research centers across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific and regulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and are united for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performance products for the well-being of all across the world.
To discover more on our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research & Innovation, please check out our website
L’Oréal USA is currently seeking a talented and innovative Associate Principal Scientist to join our Advanced Research department located at our Clark, NJ facility. This position is responsible for developing and managing the innovative ingredient roadmap to meet the sustainability and innovation needs of R&I Application Domains and Development Laboratories, as well as managing the innovation relationships with external industrial partners and developing collaboration roadmaps to build the world of co with both external and internal partners.
As an Associate Principal Scientist in our Ingredients Innovation team, your main responsibilities are:
- Develop the roadmap and strategy of innovative ingredients that is in alignment with sustainability and innovation needs from R&I Application Domains and Development Laboratories
- Manage the innovation relationship with external industrial partners and develop the roadmap of innovation pipeline of L’Oreal with key industrial partners.
- Effectively communicate business impact, contributions and risks at stakes to management and key stakeholders
- Clearly and concisely communicate on project status. Ensure that stakeholders are aligned on key milestones & messaging
- Collaborate with global and local teams to deploy toolboxes, align and execute the work plan to support innovation needs of global and local labs.
- Ability to solve problem with critical thinking and collective efforts with other teams
- Scout, identify and transform new raw material technologies.
- Accountable for project key deliverables, timelines and milestones.
- Work independently as well as part of a team in a matrixed organization.
- Propose out of the box ideas to address challenges and develop new ways of working.
- Demonstrate flexibility and agility for evolving priorities, projects and responsibilities.
- Utilize technical knowledge of L’Oreal guidelines to ensure raw materials adhere to L’Oreal standards and supports innovation needs.
- Allocate resources and prioritize projects based on team’s workload and deadlines.
To Succeed in this Position, You Have:
- Advanced technical degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science is required
- Knowledge in process engineering is helpful.
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in personal care/and or cosmetic products including but not limited to raw materials or formulation is required
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization
- Must communicate clearly and be adept at giving technical presentations to large groups of professionals
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
- Experience in the personal care industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future (required)
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short Term Incentives (Corporate Profit Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonus)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (Up to 2 Days per week Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.