Urban Decay Cosmetics is seeking a part-time– Beauty Artist to join our team in our Macy’s counter in Aventura, FL.
A Beauty Artist is responsible for providing an excellent shopping experience that makes the customer want to return to the brand and location for multiple purchases while meeting and exceeding both individual and counter sales goals.
- Achieve personal sales goals on a daily basis through exceptional customer service that includes but isn’t limited to: welcoming, approaching and engaging the customer with enthusiasm, building a sale, linking products, applying make-up, building clientele, achieving product goals and educating the consumer.
- When on the floor selling, at all times, being 100% engaged in the professional activity of selling and servicing the customer as well as consistently learning how to enhance one’s product knowledge, artistry skills, application techniques, selling skills as well as inter-personal and customer service skills. It’s imperative this individual is positive and happy when working with customers and the team.
- The Beauty Artist is to maintain the standard for Urban Decay Cosmetics. Personal grooming should include wearing Urban Decay Cosmetics and from time-to-time branded items, i.e., scarfs and t-shirts. It is important each individual translates the brand through their own individual expression to create the most brand relevant, positive impression for our customers.
- Accountable for attendance and timely arrival on a daily basis and complete the necessary administrative duties on time.
- It’s expected this person will be a team player and to contribute to the success of the team by following direction, actively participating and meeting projected goals including but not limited to: pre-sale, clientele, product selling targets, events and overall sales revenue.
- This individual is responsible to maintain the standards and guidelines as directed by the account (Macy’s) and the counter leadership (BM and / or CM).
- When requested attend counter and store meetings including training sessions to enhance one’s product knowledge.
- Outstanding make-up application and artistry skills
- Good verbal communication skills and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to know how to be a team player
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Passion for people in providing the ultimate customer service
- Determination for selling
- A drive for the product and make-up and the Urban Decay brand
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear, handle or feel objects or tools. The employee frequently is required to walk and bend.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience in selling and applying makeup
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.