The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
The Active Cosmetics Division brands meet a range of different skin care needs from normal to blemish-proned, in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, and medi-spas. Thanks to its highly complementary brands, developed and endorsed by health professionals - dermatologists, pediatricians, cosmetic doctors - the division is the world leader in dermocosmetics.
The Demand Planner works at the heart of the business, driving perfect execution of all launches and promotions across UKI. You will own and drive the forecast process and be involved in the timely resolution of all issues to achieve turnover and timely launches, as well as having a wider involvement in cross-divisional excellence projects.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Owner of the demand planning process:
- Works closely with sales and marketing to build launch and promotions forecasts for UKI
- Presents and challenges the global forecast in the validation meeting and ensures it is in line with Finance targets.
- To work with our commercial teams to understand promotion plans in detail and to make sure these plans are executed as planned all along the supply chain
- Build and optimize the procurement plan from local and international suppliers in order to minimise stock holding whilst safeguarding service level
- To create and maximize the information flow between the customer and ACD to ensure on shelf availability for both basic and promo/launches
- Responsible for Demand Planning KPIs (stock, SLOBs, Service rate, Forecast accuracy, catalogue optimization, launch perfect execution.
- Various logistic projects involving international and local teams
- SAP key user
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Thorough understanding of the L’Oréal Supply Chain
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to reach mutually acceptable solutions to complex problems which arise; level headed, able to manage and resolve issues under pressure
- Comfortable managing complexity in a time pressured environment
- Experience in presenting internally and externally and adapting communication style
- Comfortable dealing with and influencing people at all levels across the business
- A creative thinker and willing to challenge existing processes and propose solutions
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Manages Complexity
- Achieves results with integrity
- Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to the métier
- Interacts effectively
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.