POSITION: Demand Planner
DEPARTMENT: Merchandising & Procurement
REPORTS TO: Demand Planning Manager
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL
Develop unit and dollar sales forecasts for an array of professional salon products through statistical analysis and product knowledge across a multi-channel business model. Work collaboratively to achieve strategic business goals of both internal and external partners. In addition to managing regular flow items, a key focus will be formulating baseline sales expectations for new launches and promotional activity. Monitoring inventory, reporting sales, warehouse activity and general business development are key metrics for this role. Excellent communication skills are need for this role as the opportunity to present analytic and business result to Sr. Leadership in meetings will present itself.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine volume of products required to satisfy customer demand using historical sales and future program information across multi-channel business model
- Develop future forecasting by analyzing historical sales, trends, and using statistical models to perform applicable calculation in an Excel based environment
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to gain knowledge on product promotions to understand how product demand will be impacted
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams, ensuring that the appropriate departments are aligned on demand projections
- Present forecast analytics to Senior Leadership during business meetings to gain alignment on demand forecast
- Preparing and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the demand planning process
- Analyze and react to performance of strategy based on actual sales and current trend performance
- Represent SalonCentric teams in collaboration with vendor partners regarding planning strategies
- Maintain or exceed key performance metrics including forecast accuracy, inventory, sales, and margin
- Present analysis and provides recommendations on performance of launches/promotions to category management
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to provide analysis needed to optimize both DC and store inventory.
- Analyze the business to identify opportunities to gain/optimize margin
- Collaborates with Category Management to minimize unproductive inventory via assortment planning, accurate forecasts, and SKU rationalization
- 2 – 3 years of experience in related fields: planning, logistics, supply chain, procurement, data analytics
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Math and critical thinking skills required, as well as the ability to communicate at the appropriate level of detail or summarization
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office
- Experience using ERP systems including forecasting software and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally
- Strong team player with an ability to work in a team environment and independently
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.