Director, D2C Replenishment
Reports to: AVP, Supply Chain eCommerce
Location: Clark, NJ
Division: Luxury Products
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, and Giorgio Armani.
L’Oréal is in search of an experienced Director, D2C Replenishment to join the centralized team to drive inventory and financial planning strategies for the LUXE Division. This individual will be a key leader in the success of our divisional performance while also working cross functionally to implement best practices for the channel. This individual will work with our brand site leads, sales planning, merchandising, finance, marketing teams, supply chain organization and our 3PL partners to forecast proper inventory levels based on business needs and changes in strategy. This individual will be critical in the planning organization to establish new processes to support the continued growth and profitability for D2C.
Manage the planning, reporting and forecasting for D2C LUXE Replenishment and seasonal business.
- Responsible for partnering with Demand Planning teams to maintain targeted ownership levels and fill rates
- Responsible for all weekly/monthly performance reporting to brand teams and supply chain partners at channel level
- Develop and implement strategies for inventory stock replenishment to ensure continuous availability of all saleable SKUs
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage diverse SKUs/categories at Node level to understand slow- and fast-moving inventory in real time to make informed decisions regarding replenishment
- Collaborate with internal leaders/stakeholders across sales ops, finance, 3PL and Supply Chain partners to understand previous trends, outliers and estimated volumes for SKU coverage at Node level
- Responsible for identifying aged inventory and risk of expired stock to LUXE finance
- Develop key metrics for regular review of forecast variances and error resolution
- Lead Anaplan roll out for multi-division use for short term planning capabilities
- Responsible for weekly demand forecast across all replenishment SKUs within LUXE division
- Monthly demand forecast review and proposals for all programs at SKU and Node level
- Responsible for partnering with the planning and sales organization to maximize launch and promo demand for the channel
- Weekly Management calls with brand side leads and supply chain organization on strategies, execution and expectations at SKU level detail
- Maintain close partnership with internal and external 3PL teams to ensure proper inventory flows including but not limited to; stock transfers and RTVs
- Owner of go-live dates, backorder, preorder and cancellations at SKU level impacted by inventory availability
- Manage and lead strategic initiatives for replenishment and Node allocation planning with cross divisional teams
- Determine reasons for inventory shortages and stock-outs through LDS assessment and root cause analysis
- Implement inventory management best practices to track stock and inventory trends for weekly needs with cross divisional partners
- Structure robust inventory planning and replenishment process for all brands with new Anaplan forecasting tool
- Identify and manage E&O for the channel through effective planning and promo programming in partnership with brand site leads
- 8 to 10 years of progressive experience managing high volume D2C eCommerce business, including P&L Management, Forecasting/Planning
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or business management
- Expertise in demand planning, stock replenishment strategies and operations
- Experience in leading direct reports and cross-divisional teams in strategic day to day operations
- Expert in collaborating with internal leadership on forecast, execution and demand estimation
- In depth knowledge of statistical forecasting, 3PL management, root-cause analysis for identifying and resolving supply chain stockouts and opportunities
- Hands on attitude with risk analysis and metrics for forecast error review and mitigation
- Flexible leader that encourages ideas and participation from all members of the team
- Logical approach to look ahead for long term, cost-effective solutions
- Strong knowledge and skill with Microsoft Excel necessary; knowledge of other MS Office tools a plus
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Open to new ideas and actively builds networks to achieve goals
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication/presentation skills; ability to influence at the most senior levels
- Strong bias for action and seeing things through to completion and business application
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a rigorous timeline
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Passion for fast moving transformation roles; passion for making concrete business impacts
- Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to build trust and influence others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.