Director, Brand Communications
Multi-Cultural Beauty Division
Job: Director, Brand Communications
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
Overview: Responsible for the design, organization and implementation of events, spokesmodel/influencer relations, public relations and philanthropy for the Multi-Cultural Beauty Division.
- Responsible for earned media / public relations
- Management of PR agencies; including agency reviews
- Strategic and plan integrated PR activations annually including execution
- Day to day PR planning and execution, including campaign development and media relations.
- Building media & industry relations, as well as internal relations
- Creating compelling editorial angles and content
- Responsible for all events
- Event ideation and execution
- Trend features / star products
- Designer coordination
- Research and contract vendors to inquire about services and rates for activations
- Create proposals and recaps for activations and events
- Manage the brand partnerships, agency day-to-day liaise and contracts
- Brief and manage the influencer, spokespersons, makeup artists, agencies and freelancers
- Oversee influencer strategy and campaign execution
- Support philanthropy programming development
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to support brand collaboration development and execution
- Core KPIs include brand image perception / consumer sentiment, PR impressions, Influencer reach and engagement.
- Manage budget
- Brand Comms director will have 1 FTE / Influencer manager reporting to them as well as 2 PR agencies.
- 7+ years of related business experience
- Experience in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing is highly desired (includes digital experience)
- Consumer package goods or beauty industry experience is preferred
- Interest in philanthropic / brand cause work
- In-depth knowledge of event management
- Experience dealing with brand spokespeople and top influencers
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Information & Data management
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Project Management Skills
- Quantitative data analysis skills
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.