An Electrical Sustaining Engineer is responsible for product support for existing Clarisonic and Loreal products. Primary activities include all aspects of, product design, product documentation, design for manufacturability and test, cost reduction and component management. Other activities include documentation system support and project management for improvement projects.
REPORTING – Reports to AVP Sustaining Engineering
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Electrical Design – Provide primary design input for new and existing products. This includes product research, evaluation of design options, detailed design and full development of cost effective solutions to a variety of engineering problems or activities.
- Project Management – Plan and coordinate all aspects of a variety of design activities from conceptualization to product release with schedule responsibility, as well as responsibility for follow-on cost and quality performance.
- Manufacturing Support – Act as Engineering liaison to Operations. Troubleshoot production electronics issues as required. Participate in Material Review Board activities, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Product Evaluation – Develop product performance and quality standards. Establish product performance baseline and monitor ongoing quality. Resolve quality issues as required.
- Identify and implement product improvements for performance, cost and manufacturability.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a product development and manufacturing environment.
- Experience with design and manufacturing issues relative to component fabrication and assembly.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliverables on an aggressive schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Experience with design for high volume, personal care product manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to present ideas clearly to others using a variety of presentation media.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.