Fonction professionnelle: Supply Chain
Type de poste: Contrat A Duree Indeterminee
Type de contrat: Temps plein
Pays: United Kingdom
Flows Supervisor – PM Shift (13:50 – 21:50)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
• Manage the Health, Safety and Well Being of all operatives on shift
• Be a fair and consistent leader, ensuring clear support and direction for your team
• Ensure customer orders are met by delivering as per customer requirements
• Ensure that orders are dispatched OTIF
• Communicate and collaborate with Stock Control, Order Preparation, Planning, Demand Planners and Customer Care with any work-related issue
• Be a key driver of change and continuous improvement within your department
• Drive accuracy and efficiency in the Distribution Centre by analysing activity patterns
• Ensure training needs are met for new starters and all staff
• Be proactive in problem solving, addressing people and operational issues
• Be able to hold and lead meetings within a team setting and with suppliers
• A high level of Health and Safety awareness
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage complexity
• High levels of system knowledge, SAP is essential
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible to support the needs of the business
• Able to build networks and develop good relationships with all stakeholders
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and motivate people around you
• A continuous improvement mindset demonstrated through implementation of new initiatives and processes
• Experience of leading and managing a team
• A self-driven and results orientated outlook
• A good level of self-awareness, listening to feedback to grow as a leader
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
How we recruit:
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.