We are looking for a Statistician for the Technology Direction Department and more specifically to join the Scientific Computing team, to be based in R&I Singapore.
The Scientific Computing team is responsible for the statistical aspects and is involved in the methodological choices for clinical studies carried out by the team in Singapore, with the ambition of offering adequate solutions and innovative methods addressing each situation.
The mission, with the research clinicians in Singapore, will be to co-design (with statisticians in France) the methodology, to analyze the data, and to propose an interpretation of the findings, in order to support the clinicians’ decision making.
You will be in charge of the following:
• Designing the study
You will carry out the methodological choices, the development of the statistical analysis plan and the study design:
- Bibliographic search to propose the most relevant statistical method
- meta-database analysis in order to extract meaningful information for the clinic
- Calculation on the number of subjects,
- Statistical paragraph writing of the clinical protocol and the statistical analysis plan.
• Data analysis
You will carry out the planned statistical analysis and the additional analysis (Responder analyses) to support the findings in collaboration with the statistical team in France.
You will follow and validate the statistical results in case of subcontracting.
• Overview and interpretation of the findings
Discussion of the findings with the clinicians and the project team,
Statistical interpretation of the findings and analysis report writing.
• Other activities
You will participate in methodology development for data analysis /Bibliography.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering or related fields
• A minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience
• Additional skills in confirmatory analysis (bayesian inference, robust analyses …), calculation of the number of subjects and statistical test (parametric and non-parametric)
• Data management principles
• Exploratory analysis (PCA, FDA, PLS),
• Confirmatory analysis: mixed models, logistical and longitudinal models, Statistical Test
• Plans and carries out a complete statistical study with deadlines and targets to meet,
• Organizational skills and simultaneous handling of several projects,
• Strong scientific writing skills and communication skills
• Softwares : R, SAS
• Team spirit and initiative,
• Logical mind, ability to summarize and present information in simple terms for the non-specialists,
• Curiosity and persistence in data analysis,
• Responsive and dynamic in responding to special requests (intermediate and complementary analysis),
• Attentiveness and open to new methods and help decision tools,
• Discipline and organization skills to conduct studies on several fronts,
• Ability to communicate, convince, understand the needs, especially when implementing the protocol, discussing the statistical findings, and enhancing the implemented statistical process.
PS. Singapore citizenship or PR is mandatory for this position.