Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving new partnerships, selling Kerastase and Shu Uemura: Art of Hair Retail and Treatment products to Luxury and Market Leader Salons in their assigned territory. The position also requires facilitation of professional product training and support. This position is designed to achieve maximum sales potential within assigned regions by meeting or exceeding assigned territory goals. The successful Business Development Manager builds relationships with new and existing salons and appropriate personnel and identifies areas to help them grow their business. They will identify and respond to opportunities that build market share long term and maximize sales in the short term. The Business Development Manager will understand and exemplify the Kerastase and Shu Uemura: Art of Hair luxury message in order to secure positioning as the luxury leaders in the professional market.
The position must uphold the integrity of the brand by following guidelines, meeting expectations, goals and missions.
- Develop a long term growth strategy to achieve new partnerships:
- Work with internal data to generate accurate forecasting of sales volume and new client acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain a rolling target list of potential new salon clients. Validate salon potential by utilizing golden square criteria.
- Execute ongoing meetings with salon partnership prospects, identifying salon and brand opportunities.
- Develop new partnership agreements by including Salon Emotion, Digital, LEVEL, and Social Media.
- Work with brand education partners to schedule demos to secure new business and achieve national objective.
- Maintain a long term growth strategy with existing salon clients on a consistent basis to include:
- Prepare a 6-month strategic sales plan to ensure the achievement of company goals.
- Evaluate client growth through the analysis of sales patterns and treatment purchases.
- Consistently service salons with education and marketing/treatment strategies to ensure success.
- Communicate opportunities for innovation to management.
- Observe Salon trends that may indicate the brand’s need to shift and evaluate in order to achieve improved sales and better serve our salon clients.
- Maintain and develop comp door growth by building and sustaining strong relationships with existing salon clients.
- Communicate and implement corporate objectives and programs as designed.
- Manage all operational responsibilities for sales and education within the assigned geographic territory.
In order to excel, you must be a strong self-starter who has great confidence, persuasive communication skills and a flair for effective facilitation. It is also essential that you have the ability to inspire, as well as a contagious enthusiasm for the beauty and fashion industry.
- Field Time: 90%
- Experienced sales representative from the salon or luxury beauty industry
- College degree strongly preferred with at least 4 years of sales/beauty retail background or related experience; luxury beauty a plus
- Experience in acquiring new clients and building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Licensed cosmetologist or stylist experience a plus
- Ability to travel in continental US for key National or Regional meetings
- Ability to work on weekends when necessary
- Multi-Task / Organizational skills operating in a fast pace environment
- Ability to assess strategic customer needs and build alliances
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office; Excel and Powerpoint, Salesforce.com or related CRM