Education Manager, Curriculum & Access
Job Title: Education Manager, Curriculum & Access
Job Grade: MGR
Supervisor Title: AVP of Ed Curriculum, Access and Digital Content
Section 2: Job Summary
The Education Manager of Curriculum and Access is an integral part of the education team, accountable for the development and implementation of the L'Oreal Professionnel education strategy. This position is responsible for the integration and creation of education training materials and collateral, designed for the L’Oréal Professionnel artist and salon network. The materials created are for the purpose of on-line and off-line trainings, with the objective of elevating selling abilities, retention of product knowledge, establish a competitive point of difference and cultivate brand pride. The Education Manager will report into the AVP of Ed Curriculum while working closely with the heads of Academy, Field Education and Marketing teams to delineate the needs of each function and develop materials that will support and drive business goals. This position also serves as a liason/hub for co-development of all Access Digital content and support to upgrade all key education functions in creating go to market materials, digital activations, artist and influencer collaborations.
Key Job accountabilities include developing of all education curriculum and formats, education go to market collateral and implementing digital upskilling including Access digital platform and social activations. Development & updating of all launch offline and online educational materials, ensuring consistent and appropriate corporate image and brand story are consistent in all such materials/projects. The Education Manager works in collaboration with marketing, creative, production teams and artists/influencers to plan, develop and execute Brand Technical Videos & Photo Shoots, as well as other collateral, materials & projects. This role also collaborates with the marketing and technical development teams to create services, techniques, formulas, products & launches to develop go to market materials and activations. This role also collaborates with digital team on the development and updating of on-line and Access education materials.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- Current licensed cosmetologist with min. 5-7 years industry experience
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and authoring tools for Access
- Experience in developing curriculum and educational formats
- Superior technical hairdressing
- Superior sales and communication skills
- Ability to analyze client business objectives and propose a solution that benefits both the brand and the client
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon industry
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills to produce and model effective classes, programs, events and meetings.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills to motivate L’Oreal Professionnel field and artistic team.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Display in all aspects of the position flexibility (openness to change), self-initiated career management (accountability for learning / acquiring skills needed to excel), embrace and believe in all elements of the L’Oreal Professionnel vision, values and objectives.
- Proactively manage time, taking into consideration both business and personal calendar responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal Professionnel Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of L’Oreal Professionnel Foundation Based Education and Training.
- Participate in corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings as needed.
- Supports L’Oreal Professionnel events, special accounts and shows as directed.
- Upholds L’Oreal Professionnel policies and procedures for all working relationships with salons.
- Attends and participates in all L’Oreal Professionnel Artist Trainings.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal Professionnel standards.
- Maintain the L’Oreal Professionnel Image as defined by the NYO.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working collaboratively the majority of the time in the NYO directly with our brand, distributor and DMI partners.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Intermittent travel nationally and internationally, lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: Responsible for management of T and E budget and Access content development budget
Annual Revenue Responsibility: N/A
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.Total should = 100%
EDUCATION CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING
This position is responsible for the integration and creation of education training materials and collateral, designed for the L’Oréal Professionnel artist and salon and school network. The materials created are for the purpose of live trainings, with the objective of elevating selling abilities, retention of product knowledge, establish a competitive point of difference, and to cultivate brand pride and drive business goals.
- Work cross-functionally to manage consistency of all materials – marketing, education, digital and sales content.
- Manage the creation, development and deployment of all curriculum and training materials for the artist network. Content creation includes the development of training materials, product knowledge, technology sheets and event presentations.
- Manage the creation and development of brand collateral in partnership with the Marketing teams.
- Modernize all education output to be in-line of the new generation of stylist needs
- Printed materials for retail customers, development and execution of training and marketing videos, as well as customized content for unique initiatives throughout the calendar year.
- Curation of support materials for the Field Sales and Education teams.
- Create improved content customized to the needs of salons, by way of PowerPoint presentations, leave behind materials, social and digital content.
- Adapt international content where applicable and or replicate the strategies for US specific content.
- Online content library management by updating education materials with quarterly product launches.
- Manage the integration of trends into presentation methods, professional gestures and tools.
- Work in partnership with Field Education to create and or facilitate train the trainer materials to elevate the artist’s abilities to facilitate, communicate and connect.
- Gather feedback from Academy, Field Education and Sales to assess the needs for education, by continually evaluating effectiveness of new and existing programs.
- Attend Technical Committee testing days to validate launches with the goal to successfully integrate them into brand content and training materials.
- Manage the execution of Tech Talk sessions quarterly, working closely with Field Education and Technical Committee to determine and develop content.
- Must be present for or travel to brand meetings, events and trainings.
ACCESS AND SOCIAL CHANNEL CONTENT DEVELOPMENT:
- Work with Artist Network to create UGC
- Upload all digital materials on to Access
- Approve users
- Modification of materials provided by the DMI
- Management of content and Brand Channels
- Support of launch, communication and support for the platform across all brands and internal teams.
- Access Live Education Support
- Access Live Artistic Support
- Manages KPIs and performs reporting (weekly update, animations reports…)
- Tracks platform performance and user experience
- Animates the platform (newsletters…) to ensure traffic
SOCIAL CHANNEL AND PRO SITE CONTENT DEVELOPMENT:
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Social Education Content:
- Facebook Live Education Support
- Facebook Live Artistic Support
- Marketing of all Education activities on Social Media Channels
Pro Site Education Content:
- Partner in the management of the professional website with the Director of Digital.
- Maintain the new platform by creating and updating ongoing content - including education offerings, education on demand, interactive content, newsletters, magazine
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.