For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission
Job Title: Manager, Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Piscataway, NJ Manufacturing Facility
Position Overview: Provides Human Resources generalist support to the L’Oréal organization through the management and administration of various human resources programs and procedures for all plant exempt, non-exempt and union personnel.
- Administers and communicates various human resources programs for all plant personnel in alignment with overall business goals and objectives, working with both local and corporate human resources teams.
- Develops, recommends and implements new systems, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and employee services provided while ensuring compliance with federal, state and company regulations.
- Serves as point person for employee inquiries and concerns, partnering with the leadership team and managing employee relations to contribute to overall employee engagement.
- Leads recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees including placing ads, coordinating and participating in assessments, making hiring and comp recommendations, and on-boarding new hires.
- Creates, coordinates and facilitates employee training, career development and succession planning initiatives, monitoring performance management efforts and career path programs.
- Oversees coaching, discipline and grievance processes to ensure consistency according to company policy and the collective bargaining agreement, supporting plant management and employees, and communicating effectively with union representatives.
- Implements and annually updates compensation information, writes job descriptions and manages local rewards and recognition programs.
- Establishes and maintains departmental and employee records and reports, analyzing information and identifying trends. Maintains accurate employee information in HR database.
- Actively participates in various meetings, trainings and seminars.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Five (5)+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Experience in a union and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must display a high degree of sensitivity in dealing with employees’ work-related concerns and problems.
- Makes HR decisions using discretion and sound judgment to formulate effective resolutions when problem-solving.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and service orientation, with a high level of flexibility and responsiveness required.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Interacts and communicates effectively at all levels within the organization.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job/Environmental Factors:
- Strong computer skills, using various office and HR software and databases.
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.